First outing of the season

Fletcher

Had the bird out for his first free flight/hunting trip of the season, he was weighing 1lb 6oz, slightly more than i would have liked but I needn't of worried as he spot on obedience wise.

He put in 4 or 5 short chases after rabbits, but due his fitness and the fact we have a 20 mph wind today he was unsucessful.

It was just great to see him free flying and soaring on the updraft from the quarry it seems he's picked up where he left off last season.

Heres a couple of pic's as you can see the weather wasn't great.

You wasn't invited because last 2 times he saw you, you wrapped him in a towel and we done unpleasent things to him, and I was wanting him to come back, give him a couple weeks I'm sure he'll forgive you'll.

Did I tell you about the time the brother in law came out hunting wearing a rabbit hat. :icon_eek:

The area I was flying at today, isn't over run with rabbits, theres a few but I choose to fly there today because there are no trees for him to hide in, in case he decided wasn't gonna play.

There does seem to be more about this season.

It is an excellent place to fly, hunt and live.

He's had a couple of rabbits so far, really just concentrating on his fitness a moment and checking out new permissions, he's far from being up to speed yet. I'm keeping his weight at 1lb 5 1/2oz which is probably a bit high, but as he muscles up he should grow into that weight, I don't see the point of starving him when I'm trying to get him into condition. Hope that makes sense.