Out with Countryman last night!

Myself and Countryman went out last night for a few hours on the fields near to us in West Cornwall. The weather conditions were not perfect for lamping, however the wind did start to pick up by the end. Countryman decided to take his most experienced lurcher Sophie out for a run.

To start with we thought that the rabbits had been logging onto Hunting Life during the week to find out when we were comming becuase they didnt seem to be playing but after deciding to check out a other bit of land we were in for a treat.

Countryman said that Sophie had caught seven the previous night, so we were deteminded to a least match that. The first lucky bunny got away in to the hedge as Sophie warmed up but after that there was no stopping her.

The rabbits throughout the night were quick on their feet and made some excellent turns to shrug her off but the appeared no match for her. Even the onlooking foxes appeared impressed.

Deciding to call it a night bagging eight we headed back home ending the bank holiday weekend on a high.

:D Pics below

As promised a few pics of the other night

Picture139.jpg

Before

Picture140.jpg

After

Picture142.jpg

:icon_eek: Some dodgy character doing somthing obscrne to a rabbit :11:

Only joking mate, a good evening out and a good post, if one of us can learn how to use a camers properly were away!

As promised a few pics of the other night

Picture140.jpg

Picture142.jpg

:icon_eek: Some dodgy character doing somthing obscrne to a rabbit :11:

Only joking mate, a good evening out and a good post, if one of us can learn how to use a camers properly were away!

Yeah nice pics mate, hope you had a good time away!

had a good time away :D

However the wife was none to pleased for a bit because by the time i got in after lamping and into bed i only had 3 hours sleep before i had to get up and get on the helicopter.

When we got their i lay on the beach and went to sleep for a few hours :whistle: (most of the day)

Next time we go im going to take the dog and the lamp with me as the place is crawling with bunnies :)

Theres so many of them because there are no foxes at all!

theres not any snakes or badgers either but thats not quite as interesting.