how did i miss that bird ? !!

after finishing late all week i made sure i was finished early enough today so that i could get out and about for a walk round for an hour with the dogs and the gun. here in silly suffolk a nice fresh wind made it an absolutley pleasure just to walk through the countryside, the fact that i missed a high pigeon with the wind up it,s backside did,nt matter at all i was just happy to be there but when the dogs put up a cock bird out of some light cover i swung the "twenty" through the bird i was already smileing, both barrels later the bird flew on strongly ! i just know that when i close my eyes in bed tonight i,ll still see that cock bird flying away from me "smileing" !! cheers plum.

after finishing late all week i made sure i was finished early enough today so that i could get out and about for a walk round for an hour with the dogs and the gun. here in silly suffolk a nice fresh wind made it an absolutley pleasure just to walk through the countryside, the fact that i missed a high pigeon with the wind up it,s backside did,nt matter at all i was just happy to be there but when the dogs put up a cock bird out of some light cover i swung the "twenty" through the bird i was already smileing, both barrels later the bird flew on strongly ! i just know that when i close my eyes in bed tonight i,ll still see that cock bird flying away from me "smileing" !! cheers plum.

You win sum,you lose sum,at least its there for another day :D

yea true cadno coch i,m already looking forward to next time ! tommorrow it,s me, the ferrets, the dogs,& two nephews verus the rabbits so perhaps i,ll redeem myself, i,ll let you know, cheers plum.

yea true cadno coch i,m already looking forward to next time ! tommorrow it,s me, the ferrets, the dogs,& two nephews verus the rabbits so perhaps i,ll redeem myself, i,ll let you know, cheers plum.

had a great morning out with the boys ! no great numbers but it was the first time out for two of the ferrets and one of the nephews ,everyone enjoyed themselfs me encluded,it,s not a bad old life !! cheers plum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

just thought i,d let you good people know that after "how did i miss that bird ?" me and my nephew shared a wonderfull days driven shooting here in sunny suffolk ! i shot duck on the first drive and hit half of the birds that i shot at , some were real scorchers !! my young nephew shot driven pheasents for the first time ever , on his first drive he had three shots for two birds ! he was congratulated by the old boys and smiled broadly !! we spent the rest of the day enjoying great company and completly forgot about the bird that i missed,cheers plum.