10 year old dies in air rifle accident.....

Sorry to bring a downer part to the forums but just heard on the news a young 10 year old boy from Wales has died whilst playing with an air rifle with a 12 year old friend.

Full story here:- http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/A...415393848?f=rss

Now forgive me if I sound out of tone here.....but where the hell was the ADULT SUPERVISION???

No wonder things are getting so bad for us in this country. I have a 10 year old daughter myself and there's NO WAY would I even let her in the same room as my rifle never mind letting her loose with it to shoot tin cans off a wall......

its a very sad story

theres also a thread running in general talk on the same subject.

there will no doubt be differing opinions on this, but at the end of the day a family have lost a child.

somthing needs to be done to prevent it happening again.

gun security as a minimum.

atb

sean

Have to say that this is precisely why Airguns should be licensed and kept permanently secure apart from in the presence of the license holder.

If that Air Rifle were subject to security arrangements, that boy would not be dead. Simple!

I'd tend to agree with what you say there bud :yes: however I would also be wanting to prosecute the Adult responsible for that gun and the supervision of the children for neglegent homicide.

How and why any 'normal' person would let a child loose with any air gun without supervision is beyond belief!

I was shooting airguns at a very early age, but safety and "These are NOT toys to play with" was drilled into me from befor I ever got to handle one.

Phantom

How and why any 'normal' person would let a child loose with any air gun without supervision is beyond belief!

I was shooting airguns at a very early age, but safety and "These are NOT toys to play with" was drilled into me from befor I ever got to handle one.

Phantom

my point and opinion exactly spot on mate

Darryl