Two piece shovel

Like many I don't often post on the site just sit back and take it all in, but at the week end after seeing the ad in the countrymans I went to the shop and bought one of these two piece shovels, if you have need for a shovel but don't wish to be seen carrying one around or in my case find a full sized shovel not easy to take out on the quad, then yes these shovels are a good bit of kit, I have tried to get hold of a steel two piece for a while now, and some of the ones I have seen are either very poorly constructed or move at the point of the joint in the shaft, one that I was shown the handle and shovel didn't line up and was not good to use for any lenght of time, and others were simple a spade cut in half with a bar inside and drilled through and two nuts and bolts fixing them back together, this one I got at the week end is a very good tool, well made and very strong, in the time I was at the taking to the guy he sold three over the phone, and said it had been like that since wedensday when the ad went in, myself I would recomend them to any one, this is probably one of the best things to be offered to the working dogmen for a long while

• 3 weeks later...
Guest eastmids

had the same bother myself after doing my own last season,i think its down to when there new.. the threads are tight but after a bit of use takeing apart etc the threads bed in,

the handle on one of my bulldogs is on half a turn from where it should be, its unuseable.

edited my stuttering :huh:

Edited by eastmids
I got a 2 piece graft from John's shop, after little use the handle doesnt line up with the head now but I havent had time to take it back.

Very common problem with these .....try lots of teflon tape on the thread ;) you will get plenty of it on the Dunlin ;)

post-22254-1256105028.jpg

post-22254-1256105001.jpg

we use these. i can supply these for £30 plus delivery .stainless blade, excellent to use , easy and quick to fit together, they will never be as good as a solid spade but will get you to the place more discretely and get you a job done ......

I got a 2 piece graft from John's shop, after little use the handle doesnt line up with the head now but I havent had time to take it back.

Very common problem with these .....try lots of teflon tape on the thread ;) you will get plenty of it on the Dunlin ;)

I'll have to search about mate, I think the tape is whats holding the place together in amongst the rust which is more than plentyful!!!!

It's not as if it's had a load of hammer either cos it's only been used for an hour all in i think and the selling point of the fella was how it lined up true everytime.......

Edited by stevolad