advice needed

if its over a pond normal game cartridges are plenty but if you are going to use steel i would recommend going up to a 3.

Cheers for the reply it is over a pond thought we had to use steel shot but if not thats great what size would you use

first things first is your gun proofed for steel ??? please check before you shoot any steel through your gun ..

if its ok ??? then what they normal say is if you shoot , shot size 6s lead you should drop 2 sizes for steel so go for 4s , 3s for shooting over flight ponds ...

if i'm shooting flight ponds, i use 30grams 4s in steel and they will give you a good killing pattern up to abouts 35 to 40 yards , if you point the gun in the right place .....

i use nº7 34gr lead and *** quick

well if your in this country and using lead, then you are breaking the law....

There are more ducks killed with chemicals that are used in agriculture, after the rains the chemicals flow for lakes, than killed by eating lead (it's a minority) generally die with lead shot from a shotgun.

I never used steel, but next year will be mandatory, in the wet zones, do you thing the steel has the same power to kill than lead and spead? I nead a explanation to be prepared.

Thanks

Edited by Alex1964

I had a go at a few pigeon with the no3 32 gr steel shot I bought, and found it actually hits them harder than lead!! Stone dead they dropped, no walkers at all so I might use steel a lot more, the only down side is they are plastic wad and some farmers dont like you using them. Plus cos of ricochet dont use them in woodland areas!!!