Any advise

Hi to everyone.I have applied for my shotgun certificate.Just got a phone call to say they are coming to inspect my home.I have a strong room with a steel door and fitted a gun cab in it.

Being 37 years of age and never been in trouble with the law.or any health problems.

What sort of things will they ask and will they have done all the checks before they come out.

That sounds like plenty to satisfy them, they will want to know who has access to the keys though......correct answer is only you have access to them. Do not show where the keys will be kept either as they will try and trip you up on those sort of questions dependant on the fao. Some are just ordinary bobbies very few actually know anything about guns!!!! :o The local one to me is a prat!

I can't use my 25-06 for fox control unless i'm deer stalking according to him( have had no probs till he came along)...can have a 243 though!!?? near enough the same bullet i said, but if you want me to buy another gun i will...backed down then didn't he! Fookin muppet of a man! Bloody 25-06 is a vermin round!!

not sure where you are but the midlands seem to be sound.they will ask a few questions about your experiance with firearms,saftey,security and generally have a chat and a cuppa.

if the guy is coming around then its more or less in the bag.

he is not there to make things awkward but to make sure you are able to secure the weapons and not wearing a straight jacket and generally sure of the responsibility you are taking on.

atb and good luck

I've been a bit backed up lately too... but personal problems aside I was chuffed to get my fac through the other day and checked out a nice cz american today. As far as I know they did all checks before coming but I have tried to be over cautious in every aspect. I found our field officer very nice but answer all questions as a matter of fact and try not to deviate. For example, I asked some questions about my Dad using the gun and the field officer thought I meant on his own.. It was only after backtracking the conversation and being overly clear that I meant using the gun with me beside him so he could get a feel of shooting before applying for a license too....

The whole interview was about half an hour but I stuck to what I had researched on here and on the police website and it all seemed to go well. Good luck anyway!

Offer tea/coffee and be yourself!

We chatted about work, marriage, children and cars then a little about guns and experience.

Dont try to be smart and talk about stuff your not sure about as you will end up looking stupid.

Relax and be honest!!!!

Good luck.

CBW