members with dogs stolen please pm asap

im going to pull acase together of all the dogs stolen in the past few months , im thinking if i right a good letter with everything in and send it of to itv news or something im sure they'll mention it , will would create tention for the thiefs , and make everyone aware ,

cause some one has to do something

and if your interested in helping could you pm me about your experience thanks

Just posted on other thread but Doglost has loads of facts & figures on dog theft etc.

If there's anything needed give either Doe or myself a shout

My dog was stolen from his kennel from Durham on 27/08/09. Never realised how many lurchers and terrier type dogs are actually stolen until it happened to me and I started looking into it. Something needs to be done. If theres anything I can do to help let me know.

thanks im after a few storys so i can put , peoples experiences ,

like what time of day they were stolen ?

from where?

how many dogs ?

thanks x

realise this is a painful topic , but something must be done :thumbs:

i may be wrong and i hope i am but if you send to media how interested will they be when they find out there mostly workin dogs belonging to us big bad hunters they will probs think its antis liberating our dogs from a life hunting and support the feckers. i dont trust any press outside our own publications, they are to scared to be seen in any way supporting our way of life. i hope im wrong and something has to be done thats for sure to try and reach a wider audience to make people aware of what is goin on. if it was loads of pampered pets goin missin it would be all over the news and a public outcry. i know people who thought the only people who had working dogs were farmers and the police until i enlightened them. what about a web channel or somthing like that we could make announcments on, sort of like the watch dog format, these dogs were taken at such an such a time and show pictures of the dogs. just an idea im far to computer illiterate to try an set this kinda up.

thanks im after a few storys so i can put , peoples experiences ,

like what time of day they were stolen ?

from where?

how many dogs ?

thanks x

realise this is a painful topic , but something must be done :thumbs:

i may be wrong and i hope i am but if you send to media how interested will they be when they find out there mostly workin dogs belonging to us big bad hunters they will probs think its antis liberating our dogs from a life hunting and support the feckers. i dont trust any press outside our own publications, they are to scared to be seen in any way supporting our way of life. i hope im wrong and something has to be done thats for sure to try and reach a wider audience to make people aware of what is goin on. if it was loads of pampered pets goin missin it would be all over the news and a public outcry. i know people who thought the only people who had working dogs were farmers and the police until i enlightened them. what about a web channel or somthing like that we could make announcments on, sort of like the watch dog format, these dogs were taken at such an such a time and show pictures of the dogs. just an idea im far to computer illiterate to try an set this kinda up.

hey no worries , alot of people who are against hunting are the people who are uneducated in animal over population , without ''big bad hunters'' we would we over populated by rabbits and then people would have to be terminate them ,

i think they would cover it , to most people there pets are the most important things in there life's , there's so much money in dogs and animals because people love them , and we are emotionally attached to them , and if it was put across that most working breeds are at risk , such as labs spaniels lurchers and terrier's , loads of none working homes have labs and jacks, so i think it will effect a vast amount of people

you are right though ,

when i contact them ill be saying that X amount of dogs get stolen every week and most at risk... then information such as

aim ------ to create awareness

-------to help prevent dog theft

------- to give support to those you have had there dog stolen

and those worried about having there dogs stolen

what can you do ?---- mirco chip you dog pounds destroy unclaimed dogs within a certain amount of time

and stolen dogs can end up miles away within a short amount of time

----- have your dog neutered/spayed if you have no intention of breeding

yourself ,this way your dog could never be used as a breeding project

-----take photo's of certain scars and marking on your dog to help identify your dog if it gets stolen .

----dont ever leave your dog unattented outside a shop or in a car

--never leave your dogs in a garden if its easy to gain access

At home -----dont leave your front door unlocked

-----make sure your dogs are safe and secure at night

when out with your dog-----dont tell anyone where you live

---- beware of suspects following you home

----make sure you dog always wears a collar with your surname house number and postcode

if its to late and there taking your dog or its about to happen

--scream and run after them ''theyv stolen my dog'' make everyone you can aware

-- if your on to anyone, get to safty and record yourself on your phone or write it down what they look like in detail while its fresh in your mind .

--take photo of them if possible

because at the moment , there's nothing we can do but making people more aware of whats going on should hopefully reduce theft ,and hopefully if any dog thiefts see it , they'll back down

the web page idea was good id have no idea were to start lol

Edited by emeera

i need some story's ,

i have this one so far , from a different forum

''Me and my daughter (whos 3) took the dogs out for our afternoon walk yesterday. We were walking down the lane and was approached by 2 men. 1 asked how old the dogs were, so i said 11 and 8 months. 1 asked if could pet them, to which i agreed. 1st guy asked if i was interested in mating the collie. I said no, she's 8 months old and is getting spayed ASAP. And that the whippet was already done. (which neither have been). The other guy asked if they're reg, i said no, and were just pets. They then said bye and wandered off in the direction i'd come in. It made me a little nervous, but they'd gone in the oposite direction so I carried on to the field. We got there and after i'd checked that they were nowhere 2 be seen i let both dogs off the lead as normal. Was out there for about 40 mins, i threw the ball for the whippet, she ran off 2 fetch it, and one of the lads from before appears and whistles and calls 'come here'. So the whippet being over-friendly went to see, so i called her back. She completely ignored me (which has NEVER happened before, her recall is 110%). He picks her up and runs to the exit!

I try rushing over, but cant as i have my 3 yr old with me. So shouts 'my dog, my dog. He's got my dog'. Luckily a chap came on with his GSD (entering the exit the chap is running toward). I'm still shrieking 'he's got my dog'. The guy dropped the dog and ran.''

Edited by emeera