2nd Day Of The Season

Went out on the 1st for duck, plenty of pintail and mallard about but the tide wasnt quite high enought so they all just sat out on a sand bar for the duration of the tide so never got a chance of a shot. Theres a few greylag about, they're mainly resident geese that we have all year round, we dont usually get the pinks on our marsh till 2nd week in November onwards. woollyback

Edited by woollyback
Short and sweet; Didnt manage to get any duck yesterday so went after the geese early this morning out on the marsh. A very good bag from my patch. Three greylag with my pooch.

Nice well done the pooch looks an old pooch what you think of those dog vests would you recomend for dogs out on the massh/rocks of our coast??.

Short and sweet; Didnt manage to get any duck yesterday so went after the geese early this morning out on the marsh. A very good bag from my patch. Three greylag with my pooch.

Nice well done the pooch looks an old pooch what you think of those dog vests would you recomend for dogs out on the massh/rocks of our coast??.

No she's only 6, haha, she's always got that soppy looking face, its a real softy - good company though. Yeah I'd recommend my particular vest to anyone, its made by Avery, 5mm neoprene throughout so keeps her warm even in near freezing temperatures. The vest has a good overall fit which doesnt restrict her movement at all. It fastens with a large robust zip which is still easy to zip up with cold numb hands. Its also got a couple of neat larl features: its got a secure 'D' ring if for some reason you need to have your dog on a lead or attached to a ground stake. The last thing, and personally think its a brill idea, it has two large handles built into the vest so you can pull your dog out/ up a steep bank, or over rocks safely; The handles are just two large holes in the neoprene but have been reinforced with stitching - no loose 'dangly' handles which can get caught or snagged. Get my vote everytime! ;) Woollyback

Picture taken from Avery's website, but I actually bought it from british company, I'll dig out my receipt and find out where I got it from.

post-27614-1251992974.jpg

Edited by woollyback

I bought one last year for my ESS, there fur's not as thick as a Labs & they soon get cold when not running about, she was in the lakes & rivers in the sub zero temperatures of last winter & she was fine Plus when you unzipped the vest to put her in the car steam came out & her body temp was very warm I'd well recommend them but not good for hunting in cover etc on land. Gunhills :drinks: