I, Of All People, Should Have Known Better!

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:blink: Ever do something so damn patently stupid you then shake your head in total bewilderment at your own stupidity? Uh huh. Just been out for a little wander. Found This:

Wasp 'Honey Comb'

Of course, it's Not, strictly, 'Honeycomb'. It's part of the nursrey chambers of a wasps nest. Obviously torn out of the ground by a rummaging badger. Me being me, I had to take a closer look. Here's what I saw when I got on my knees for a closer examination of the deed done:

Once Was A Wasps Nest

But then, I got Really carried away! I near as damnit stuck my bloody face in there, to bring you This shot:

Up Close and Personal!

That'll be when I saw the first eight, rather angry, workers moving around in there. Then there were a dozen - in the air! :icon_eek: You have Never seen me move so fast! I got the hell out of there, vague thoughts and threats of returning with my Centro Bulb and a whiff of FicamD!

Of course, I won't. I wouldn't. Why should I? But it does make me wonder; Could This be a large part of the reason why my oppo's, in England, are enjoying the benefits of a healthy 'Wasp Season', yet out here, in rural Leitrim, I haven't had a single call??? :unsure:

Badgers: Leitrim's very own elite corps of Pest Contollers!

Nice photos Ditch Shitter. I've a big hive in my loft attached to the eaves from a few years ago and it was still there last time I looked though not in use. It's a work of art. The badger is responsable for so much damage and it's little wonder that Hedgehogs, Bees and Wasps are fast disappearing from the countryside :cry: . There needs to be a cull! :ph34r: :realmad:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Yeppers, they're only used for the one season, mate. After that they just become a handy addition to your roof insulation! :good:

Anyway, talking of culling badgers - this is perfectly true and a bit spookey! I've just read this and then had reason to step outside. My ear was caught by a hell of a mechanised racket, up the lane somewhere. At first I had things to do, but as soon as I could I looked out over the land to see what the fuss was all about. Figuring my mate was having some more work done on his cattle crush.

But no! It's a bloody great tractor JCB trundling across his land! And guess where it seemed for all the world headed for! :icon_eek:

He wouldn't. Surely to god?! They're giving him merry hell and costing him €100's. Wrecking his land. But .....

Think I'll make a point of wandering over that way presently! :whistle: