• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were you I would 'enquire' if there is a local vet who will still dock for working reasons.

Someone must surely know one?

Whilst I personally hate undocked dogs illegal docking carries a hefty fine nowadays.

The alternative is, as mentioned, to put the bitch with a dog known to throw pups with no tails :whistling:

Guest porterlord
HAS ANY ONE HAD A LITTER OF PUPS LATELY HAD ANY PROBS WITH DOCKING LAW. LAST TIME I BRED MY PAT WAS 4 YRS A GO SO IT DIDNT MATTER, BUT THINKING OF BREEDING HER THIS TIME

Lots of terriers are born tailless! ;)

THE LAST LITTER WERE SO THERES A GOOD CHANCE NEXT LOT WILL BE SAME ;);););)

i had alitter of jack russels terriers i rung vets months before they were born he said they need proof that they are worker ie notes of land owners and he said he charges £25 per tail hope this was enough info.

just had 8 springer pups done.£8 each for docking and dew claws.vet wanted to see my sgc and i have to get them chipped £15 each

hope this helps

trick

Its nearly £40 in herefordshire. they wanted proof tht the dogs were gonna be working. How can you do that?

you can still be a hunter but not have a shot gun cert.

how do you get around that?

i've heard of a bitch that biten the tails of two pups must have gt mixed up with cord.

and a border bitch that circumsized a border pup mixing it up with the cord.

just had 8 springer pups done.£8 each for docking and dew claws.vet wanted to see my sgc and i have to get them chipped £15 each

hope this helps

trick

Yeara for the love and honour of mossy connor and god forgive me for swearing but Why didnt you take the tails off yourself for free? A vet to dock tails did you ever hear the likes of it... Is it show dogs you have??? Tisnt a beauty pagent!

HAS ANY ONE HAD A LITTER OF PUPS LATELY HAD ANY PROBS WITH DOCKING LAW. LAST TIME I BRED MY PAT WAS 4 YRS A GO SO IT DIDNT MATTER, BUT THINKING OF BREEDING HER THIS TIME

Lots of terriers are born tailless! ;)

THE LAST LITTER WERE SO THERES A GOOD CHANCE NEXT LOT WILL BE SAME ;);););)

i had alitter of jack russels terriers i rung vets months before they were born he said they need proof that they are worker ie notes of land owners and he said he charges £25 per tail hope this was enough info.

hi mate thanks beginning to think ill just take risk and do em meself :cry: