Cheapest Ferret Finders?

Its funny how all the sellers of the Mk3m charge practically the same. If one seller cut the price by a tenner they would get all the sales! I would love to know how much they get them for wholesale. It makes me suspect that Deben charge a lot for them to the dealers and so the markup is not that big? Or, is it that Deben are forcing dealers to sell at a certain price?

Hi, I thought it would be useful for everyone to see the best value places to get Ferret Finders from - seeing they are the most expensive bit of kit (generally) in ferreting!

Ian Hodge Field Sports has the Deben MkIIIm on his website for £149 including one collar, For the MkIIIm with two collars it is £199.

Postage and packing is free in anything over £50

Can anyone beat that? (for total price including P&P)

hiii

So does that mean it will be £199 including p&p?

hi all,

pretty new to the site here but have been on the lookout for a cheap finder as well but as of yet no luck.

now i have just had a, well a crazy thought !!!!

what about a metal detector ??

if you put some kind of strong metal on the ferret collar (a metal that would be easily picked up by the detector) would this not act as a cheaper option. more cumbersum but cheaper ??

niall_b73

As far as I know, metal detectors have been used with some success.. the downside is that the ground is often littered with metal debris that could give false readings all over the place..

Not only that, can metal detectors reach a depth of 8 or 16ft (as the locators apparently do)?