ferret housing

I may be getting a feret soon

I have a hutch with is 2 and a half feet off the ground,2 feet deep 2 and a half feet high and about 5 foot long,The only problem is that the wire door is broken.My Friend says that even if I fix it the ferret would be out after the hens.I have seen a nice big one solid the same size except a bigger mesh part for £76

What should I be better off with

And I still cant chose between a hob or a jill..??

i feel your mates talkin out of his arse...just make another door frame out of 3.4x3.4 batton and aviary wire...if your having 1 fert it isnt realy fair on it as there very social animals.....also a lone gill will need mateing ore giveing the jab when in seasone to bring her out...i just got my first ferts and i made sure i got 1 gill n 1 hob

My advice is use weld mesh rather than chicken wire, mine pull the weld mesh & its out of shape in places on the front of the hutch, i would reccomend getting the hob vasectomised & then you mate him to the jill next yr & you can always get kits from someone else if you need any in the future :)