Hi guys. Im looking to buy a multi shot pcp for around £500 but stretching to £550 or £600 for something really special. This would include the scope and mounts, but not the charging gear as my gf will probably buy me that for my birthday! Im thinking of secondhand to get more for my money. I will be using it for hunting mainly rabbits and woodies. Not really sure about caliber as there are so many conflicting views. I am in Sheffield.

So far the AA s410 seems to be the most likely option, however any other suggestions are welcome. The Weirauch hw100 sounds good if i could get a good second hand deal. Also been looking at falcons and iv seen a few rapid mk1s on here second hand which are affordable. Also just read a bit about the fx cyclone as another possibility secondhand. I know i need to have a go with them to see whats best for me, but the more i read the more im not sure.

I am going to the gamefair in Shropshire in September- will i be able to try different rifles there do you think?

I welcome any suggestions/advice.

Cheers.

Edited by boerboel_1984

Guest Scuba1

First welcome to the madhouse. Most modern PCP's will be able to outshoot the person that is at the trigger these days if you feed them with the right pellet. If you are going to use it for hunting, first and foremost the rifle has to be comfortable and that means that you'll have to hold it and point it to find that bit out for yourself. In a hunting application the shot count is not all that important as you don't want to drag 60 odd rabbits to the car anyway so the guns that " only " have a shot count of that number will still serve you well for a nights lamping or whatever you want to do with it. Calibre ........... well it comes down to you again. I like the .22 others will go for a .177. Both calibres will take out rabbits quite well if you hit them in the right spot.

HTH

Michael

Thats a nice budget you have there, should get you some thing out standing, the HW100 or the S410 are very good guns for the money, calibre is down to you, I use .22 and dont have any problem with it, other members get on fine with .177, but if your going to a game fair you have an oppertunity to shoot some guns and make your choice, dont forget to post about your choice when you buy one :)

Thanks for your opinions lads. I still seem to be leaning towards the s410, or the hw100 if i can get one, but part of me wants to go for something different. Does anyone have honest experience of guns such as the fx cyclone on daystate x2? I will try as many as i can at the game fair (which im really looking forward to going to) but its nice to have the opinion of others with more experience than me!

My mate has a Rapid 12, and I thought it was absolutely awesome.....until...... I had a go on a Daystate Mk3... wow!!

I think you'll struggle to get one for £600, but if you're lucky enough and cheeky enough there could be one out there. Definitely give this gun a go before you buy anything

• 3 weeks later...
My mate has a Rapid 12, and I thought it was absolutely awesome.....until...... I had a go on a Daystate Mk3... wow!!

I think you'll struggle to get one for £600, but if you're lucky enough and cheeky enough there could be one out there. Definitely give this gun a go before you buy anything

Any body tried theobin evolution gas ram in 22 or heard anything about them.