One P/R Finn Gos Gone

jasper65

The guys from Scotland came to day and picked up their Finnish female a Merl;in and two Musket spars, It took them 6 1/2 hours to ge hear! there's commitment for you.

I was gutted to see her go as she was the most sensible bird in the aviary, a gennuine nice bird with some nice boots and thick legs, a bit different than the one I'm flying this year! looking at her in the aviary she's a lunatic ;).

That must be a proud moment, do many buyers stay in touch and let you their bird's getting on? I quite often e-mail the breeder of my bird with stories of flights and kills. I love this time of year, I'm just itching to get the bird out of the avairy.

Guest billy boy

Dear Tony,

Good photos of the Gos you have done well. In the future would you have any Merlins for sale, as Stephen my brother would be interested in obtaining a pair for breeding . If you could forward any advice please that would be greatly appreciated. What are your plans for this season as to the regards of flying the Birds of yours? Like I said earlier I'm a little rusty with the Falconry situation nowadays, but in all honesty still spend most of my time in the fields.

My Best Regards.

Billy boy..............

That must be a proud moment, do many buyers stay in touch and let you their bird's getting on? I quite often e-mail the breeder of my bird with stories of flights and kills. I love this time of year, I'm just itching to get the bird out of the avairy.

Hello Fletcher

This guy has traveled from Dunbartonshire before when he had a Finn x German female off me 2 years ago, This bird was killed last season when it hit the bottom runner of a Paddock chaseing a Rabbit, the Guy told me it snapped its keel in the strike! this year he came back and took a Finn female instead, she came out of the aviary with a lovelly attitude which was nice to see, I hear a good few things but not too often! normally I hear from them expecially with the Gos's when they're killed in action.......

Dear Tony,

Good photos of the Gos you have done well. In the future would you have any Merlins for sale, as Stephen my brother would be interested in obtaining a pair for breeding . If you could forward any advice please that would be greatly appreciated. What are your plans for this season as to the regards of flying the Birds of yours? Like I said earlier I'm a little rusty with the Falconry situation nowadays, but in all honesty still spend most of my time in the fields.

My Best Regards.

Billy boy..............

You have a PM Billy, about Merlins.

My plans are to get her taking out a few of the game birds in the area, Rabbits will also be on the agenda but Game birds head the top of the list way before anything else.

Cheers

Tony

Lovely lookin gos jasper what is the approx weight a finnish female/male come out the aviary at

:good::good:

Hello Stollen

I have no idea but the lad is kitting it out and weighing it today, I wanted to weigh it but is was chaos here, one gy turned up with some spars for him and another with a Merlin for him to take, he also brought round two spanish guys, by the time we pulled the Gos which was last they was eager to get back to scotland with a 7 hour journey ahead of them :icon_eek:.

She certainly felt a nice size and very chesty, she also had thick old legs filling the W - Ring, the pic does'nt do her justice as she was Hunched but I'm well pleased with the way they came out of this female, the scotch lads was happy too which is a good thing! this also makes me happy and worthwhile! the other bonus is the spanish guys want some next year too ;).

Cheers

Tony

Lovely lookin gos jasper what is the approx weight a finnish female/male come out the aviary at

Hello Stollen

I have no idea but the lad is kitting it out and weighing it today, I wanted to weigh it but is was chaos here, one gy turned up with some spars for him and another with a Merlin for him to take, he also brought round two spanish guys, by the time we pulled the Gos which was last they was eager to get back to scotland with a 7 hour journey ahead of them :icon_eek:.

She certainly felt a nice size and very chesty, she also had thick old legs filling the W - Ring, the pic does'nt do her justice as she was Hunched but I'm well pleased with the way they came out of this female, the scotch lads was happy too which is a good thing! this also makes me happy and worthwhile! the other bonus is the spanish guys want some next year too ;).

Cheers

Tony

Nice on jasper she looks a big bird even being hunched up any pics of the gos your holding back yourself

thanks

Hello Stollen

Cheers

Tony

Nice on jasper she looks a big bird even being hunched up any pics of the gos your holding back yourself

thanks

Hello Stollen

I'll be pulling her shortly but this next week I have to take the kids out and about, I have been moaned at all over their Holidays to go somewhere but I could'nt, I feel sorry for them as they're all bored stiff. the bird I'm having is a German x Finn female, she won't be no where near the same stamp as the girl who went yesterday but as you know Big ain't alway's best! mind you try convincing my missus that, she's been stuck with a little un for years now :whistle:.

Cheers

Tony