New gundog.

I've changed my mind i'm not getting a german shepherd to train for gundog work, just incase it don't work out.

Its either a lab or a GWP.

I'm loving the thought of a GWP but am concerned about how it would handle sitting in freezing conditions in a hide, while out wildfowling.

Maybe if there is someone with this breed that does use it for shooting on the foreshore that could give me some insight to its behavior that would be great.

I'm thinking it would be wanting to go hunt maybe to stay warm or out of bordam.

A lab is my first choice but lacks the hunting ability that a GWP has, that i would find fun while out roughh shooting. But my main reason for a new dog is wildfowling so if any one has an opinion it would help me.

Regards Dan

Cheers dude.

Really don't want a spaniel.

if you'r worried about training a spanial then don't get a pointer get a lab or mebe a chessiepac bay retriever( can,t spell it) but they are very hardy and fantastic swimmers and large enough to retrieve any goose .they look like a very big lab with tight curly coat .bred in canada .