f.a.o. chris hicklin

can you remember how this dog was bred chris. got him off D Leger about 1994. i believe your brother bred him and was told he was out of strawberry noses dog. one hell of a dog. killed 11 hares over a week without a miss. had a litter off him and his son died recently aged 13. only had one litter to a half collie cross , all dogs and all made 29".

CHEERS

PAUL

Alright mate , the dog in the pic was bred by my dad (chris's brother Rew ) he kept a bitch out of this litter who sadly died 7 years ago i think now ,she was some dog aswell as a worker and family pet . I will ask my dad to reply in my name .

Do you know if theres any dogs alive which came from the dog in the pic as sadly my dad never bred from his bitch?

all the best

rew

hi mate im chris's brother ,im not 100% on the breeding now the dam gypsey owned by me was a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie i think and the sire a rough coated dog tim i think that was his name was owned by strawberry nose but you would have to ask him what his make up was. i could only hazard a guess that he was collie/grey x deer/grey but i know he came from up north, cumbria rings a bell and i think strawberry nose got him of a guy called manwell but then again i could be wrong.i have a pick of the sire and some of the dam somewhere i will have to sort them out and try and get them put on for you to see. it was a big litter 10 pups of which i kept 1 gemma, she was my pride and joy but at the age of 19 months she hit summet whilst out lamping and snapped her tendon. she was kept as a pet after that pretty much but still caught me a few rabbits on the lamp ,my only regret is that i never bred from her. i remember your dog very well i sold him to a lad who named him oscar but after a few months he sold him to d ledger who you got him of. i got one of his litter brothers back after a year or two a big 29/30 inch rough coated dog and chris sold him to some lads from wigan. i have a pic of your dog taken the same time as the one you put up but its a side on one with the 3 hares above him .would like to read a few more things about him and what else he done. do you know of any offspring from him that are still alive?

hope iv helped abit mate

all the best

rew