minshaw

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reply Lucky,the photo's are with the terriers,doubled up and singlehanded mate,they aren't caught on a regular basis as like i said i don't really bother them,and never really have although i have caught plenty over the years,the forum you speak of i too was a member and i actually tried to go on only yesterday but was unable to do so.Don't tell me your not another summertime hunter :11: ,20 photo's from the last two weeks,i thought you were one of the more cleverer hunters on this site. :D .The invites open to yourself mate if you ever want a run on such small easy game as rabbits/hares :11: doubled up or singlehanded.Cheers Andy. ;)

the site i'm on about finnished 2 year back :) yes i love the summer especially when the stubbles are cut plenty of foxes some of which are cubs even but i'm not on about just foxes but whatever i am on about they all died with 1 dog on them not 2 :11:

if i ever get bored of killing the bigger stuff i'll take you up on that offer with the rabbits/hares etc.

but if you ever fancy showing me how good a minshaw is on its own with quarry that bite back i'm more than willing to have a few nights out i'll provide the quarry you provide the "dog" ;)

By the way Lucky,i noticed out of your few pictures on the Hunting Life gallery not all your pics are single handed as you stated, as there is two out of only a few with one showing Tyke & Henry with 5 deer and 2 foxes and one with Tyke and Butch with 4 foxes,somewhere imo someone seems to be contradicting themselves just a little. :yes: Cheers Andy. ;)

but were they doubled up ? :)

Read my last post Lucky...by the way i have never ever said that my dogs are good on things that bite back infact quite the opposite,stop trying to make yourself look good mate your only making yourself look childish,no Bull x whatever it is and whoever owns it (including you) will live with a Minshaw dog on hares/rabbits on the lamp,prove me wrong as after all it's you who started this thread "Minshaw what the f**k" bring your dog along mate and i'll supply the game....p.s don't forget your shovel,and i ain't digging the hole.

and to end this here then imo no minshaw can live with a good bull cross were foxes are concerned so stop making out that there the only dog to have, the utimate allrounder because an allrounder has to kill everthing imo on its own regular :)

i'm not saying a minshaw is'nt a better choice for rabbits and hares than a bull cross, the right tool for the right job imo but to say there the only lamping dog to have is bollocks dont you think?

p.s i dont have to tell you i'll gladly show you ;)

What exactly sets these dogs apart from other dog, crosses whatever Andy, can you put your finger on it mate?

Can you or Superstriker list down the differeces (spel?) from other types that you have seen?

Is it just a stamina thing or what?

This is not a have a go type post, just very intrested

Cheers :thumbs-up:

JOEB

The big difference JOEB mate is exactly what you said "STAMINA" ,i have seen all matter of x's of lurchers running, in almost 30 years of keeping running dogs i personally have never came across anything with the stamina to match a good Minshaw dog,obviously in this time i have seen plenty of very good dogs of all x's,but for an "overall" strain which nearly always produces dogs blessed with tremendous stamina,then Minshaw bred dogs imo for lamping are untouchable.As i have said on other threads i'm not just brainwashing people with Minshaw dogs,i have just purchased a pup off a guy on this site which has nothing to do with Minshaw dogs,and i also own a little Beddy x ,the pup should make an absolute cracker and the Beddy is a great little bitch, but for running and catching big numbers imo they will only take a back seat view of a Minshaw lurcher on a real gruelling night on the lamp.The big difference is STAMINA.Cheers Andy. ;)

Thanks Andy :thumbs-up:

JOEB

Never ever said they were the only lamping dog to have..prove me wrong if i have,i think you stating a bull x is the ultimate allrounder is absolute bollocks don't you think?

i think the ultimate allrounder is non existant, thats why i have'nt said any dog is the ultimate allrounder.

imo an allrounder has to take everthing single handed day or night regular so that counts me out what about you ?

What exactly sets these dogs apart from other dog, crosses whatever Andy, can you put your finger on it mate?

Can you or Superstriker list down the differeces (spel?) from other types that you have seen?

Is it just a stamina thing or what?

This is not a have a go type post, just very intrested

Cheers :thumbs-up:

JOEB

The big difference JOEB mate is exactly what you said "STAMINA" ,i have seen all matter of x's of lurchers running, in almost 30 years of keeping running dogs i personally have never came across anything with the stamina to match a good Minshaw dog,obviously in this time i have seen plenty of very good dogs of all x's,but for an "overall" strain which nearly always produces dogs blessed with tremendous stamina,then Minshaw bred dogs imo for lamping are untouchable.As i have said on other threads i'm not just brainwashing people with Minshaw dogs,i have just purchased a pup off a guy on this site which has nothing to do with Minshaw dogs,and i also own a little Beddy x ,the pup should make an absolute cracker and the Beddy is a great little bitch, but for running and catching big numbers imo they will only take a back seat view of a Minshaw lurcher on a real gruelling night on the lamp.The big difference is STAMINA.Cheers Andy. ;)

sorry my mistake you said they were untouchable ;)

on the subject of running hares, From 2003 to the hunting ban in 2005 we caught 27 hares. Thats with what i consider were fit dogs - for the breed of dogs

You pit that against a Minshaw, not sure about the picture i saw, i THINK it was 27 in ONE NIGHT - i could be mistaken

Never ever said they were the only lamping dog to have..prove me wrong if i have,i think you stating a bull x is the ultimate allrounder is absolute bollocks don't you think?

i think the ultimate allrounder is non existant, thats why i have'nt said any dog is the ultimate allrounder.

imo an allrounder has to take everthing single handed day or night regular so that counts me out what about you ?

My dogs are not all rounders at all mate,as i have never worked them during the day and as i said they are not lovers of the flashing blades(teeth),i have only ever seen one what imo i would call an all-rounder,he was bought for £20 and he was 3/4 Greyhound x Collie,my friend bought him many years ago off HBG he worked day and night and with ferrets,he could kill a daytime hare,he would draw anything from an earth,all deer upto and including Red Deer single handed,he could catch 40+ bunnies single handed,caught 17 hares when running doubled up with a Minshaw dog,i seen him take 4 winter daytime hares,he retrieved everything to hand including foxes,he would be near as an all rounder as i have ever seen.Cracking old dog he had no Minshaw blood in him or no Bull blood either,perhaps we all have the wrong dogs :11:

Never seen your last remark...YES they are untouchable for killing big numbers of rabbits/hares on the lamp.END OF.

after reading that i know i have :11:

and thanks for finally giving me the answer to my original question the one that i started this topic with ;)

seriously though andy if you ever fancy a few nights out on my exstensive permission :whistle: the offers still there no competion just running the dogs etc ;)

Guest Top Chalker

I have read most of the posts about the minshaw dogs , I cant remember how many hares it was that were killed in one field,double numbers i think ? this must of been a walled field , the hares must of been running round in circles with no means of escape, waiting to be killed , it wouldnt take a super dog to do this , in my 32 years of running dogs I have found , once u run one hare the others make for saftey , u might get the od one that hangs around , but double numbers never ...IMO the minshaw dogs will be no better than a lot of other dogs , they are just in the right place to kill a lot of gear !and for andy to say that ther is no bull X no matter who ownes it couldnt live with a minshaw well thats bollocks ........ :blink:

Guest Top Chalker

, in my 32 years of running dogs I have found , once u run one hare the others make for saftey , u might get the od one that hangs around ,

not when you lamp them though mate. its a different story then, especially if your on a bit of ground where the hares have not been lamped before. Its possible to get hares sitting close by when a dog is running another hare and when the hare squeals when the dog catches it, the other hares will still stay sitting and you can move on and lamp the next one. sometimes a lamped hare will panick and run towards you or run lots of circles trying to get away from the beam and work towards safety instead of putting its ears back and heading for safety at top speed. dont ask me why they run so shite on the lamp compared to the day they just do so I dont see much glory in saying you have killed a load of lamped hares :no: , cos the only time lamped hares will give a dog a decent run is if they have been lamped before and escaped capture a few times and a hare thats survived that will be off as soon as you put the light on it. :yes:

Yes locke but in an open stubble field, 14 runs in one open field , the hares must of been on E to hang around that long, dog coursing hares up and down the same field , no way , i dont lamp hares now but i did when i was young, Iv never seen this mount stay in one place long enough to be killed, lets just say 1 hare every 3 minutes 14 x 3 is 42 minutes coursing in one field, nock 10 minutes of for the super dogs 32 minutes coursing in one open field ???????????and that is if the dog killed every hare it run ??????