GOT ME SPADE.

Guest Frank

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TO BE HONEST THAT WOULDN,T LAST ME FIVE MINUTES BUT IF YOUR DIGGING SOFT SAND OR SOIL IT SHOULD LAST YOU MY SPADE IS MULTI PURPOSE IT DOUBLES AS AN AXE, SPIKE ,HAMMER AND RABBIT CARRYING IMPLEMENT THAT SPADE OF YOURS WONT BE UP TO PUSHING THROUGH SHALE OR SAND STONE :( GOOD HUNTING ALL WOODGA :ph34r:

The spade seems pretty tough, i dug a 5 ft hole today as an experiment, threw hard stuff, worked just fine. ;)

Frank.

5ft :icon_eek: what about the other 3ft of roots and stone :guitar: also i think you have to much time on your hands if you dig 5ft holes for fun :signthankspin:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Never seen one quite like that in my life, Frank. I'm only glad - having read the threads title - it's not one of those f***ing useless 'Entrenching Tools' of around that period.

Only thing that baffles me is; If digging holes is part of your job, then surely you'd have a better idea of what modern tool is best? Granted, I have a Range here. I also have a micro wave. One's ancient and the others modern designed technoligy. No prize for guessing which one I use to prepare my grub! Why not dig tar pits to catch things?

On another note; Are you new to ferreting? Only it breaks my heart to see new comers kitting themselves out with spades and knocker boxes. In my day we just managed our ferrets right and didn't go out expecting lay ups and landscape alterations :(

Light feed on a strong hob was always better than a strong back on a light spade, mate.