what should i get... jill or hob??

I would go for a small hob if i was you,

But if you get a jill and when she comes in season there's plenty people on here with snipped hobs that you could use till you eventually want to take a litter with form her,

Atb what ever you go for T 7

Edited by tiny 7

if your only allowed one then DEFO get a hob. then if in a later date your allowed another you get a jill and they can be together but in breeding season try sort her out with a vas hob or read up ALOT on breeding but shouldnt be done for the hell of it as a lot of people do. save pennys up and get your hob vas and then they can be together all year round without problems

(well ive never had a problem)

hope this helps and if you need anythin drop me a pm and il help to the best i can

cheers sean

dont bother getting any !!! you obviously havent listened to what advice people have been giving you,you havent took the time to read a few books on keeping ferrets or ferret welfare before jumping straight in and becoming another "INSTANT". im dreading to see what happens to this ferret in the long run.no regular handling or excerscise,no doubt fed on poor quality meat.take advice and dont bother getting an animal,regardless of what it is until you have a bit of knowledge and also the time to look after it properly.youre mother and step father are not going to know wether there is anything wrong with the ferret if it should come down with anything,and as youve said yourself,you will only be around the ferret at weekends.totally wrong in my eyes :thumbdown:

Edited by col g

whao! regarding last post someone dosent want you to have a ferret. I cant see why? Never mind

I would go for a hob in your case. Jills dont fight really and they do proove to be better workers. You can get an injection for her when she is in heat.

ATB

FM

Guest shadowz

If you read the persons other posts he stated he will only be visiting his mum at the weekends.

so during the week its her mum who will have to look after the ferret - his mum do not want a ferret but he has talked her into it.

so the ferret will be sat in a hutch 5 days a week with no handling - hardly a life is it.

I agree, to be honest with you huntingonline i wouldn't give one of my hobs or jills for that matter to you, no offence but i've been following some of your posts and i strongly recomend that you read up on the aspect of hunting / ferret husbandry before you get yourself in the shit ...first your asking for free stuff and then asking about ferrets and the fact that you say your mum and step dad are willing to look after the ferret whilst your in school and that you can't afford things etc . I'm not being funny but walk before you run, owning a ferret isn't cheap or a 10 minute a day thing you need to put the time and effort in to getting it used to you and vice versa..

I'm in merthyr from time to time and if your really seriously thinking about getting one come with me when the season starts and have a look at it all ... atb

I wouldn't bother getting one either mate there social animals and my ideal number would be two Jill's and a snipped hob ideal company for each other and a good number for ferreting a full day . But one ferrets going to lead to a sad lonely existence