pig/boar hunting on the continent

I know it's a long shot but I'm looking for to do some wild boar/pig shooting somewhere! I was all set up to work on a farm over in france and do a bit of shooting on the guys farm whilst over there but thats fallen through, can't even get hold of the guy anymore so i thought I'd give it a try on the board. If anyone's up for a swap then I have a fair bit of roe deer shooting available- photos in the deer section- or if anyone knows of any good agents! There seems to be some great guys from abroad on THL! If they have any suggestions that'd be great or could point me towards forums from their countriies that'd also be great. Sorry for the long winded post but sitting twiddling my thumbs atm!

p.s sorry mods if this in the wrong section-wasn't sure.

• 1 month later...

if you speak german i can help you out on this bud. it costs around 30 euro a week and 30 euro a dayfor the flat( bargain)

no limit on pigs,trophy free of charge.

its in rheinland pfalz( german licence needed).

there are loads of paid driven days all over germany with the forestry commission( between 50 and 150 euro a day) here you will pay for the trophy and be fined if you shoot the wrong pig( too big/female/ etc)

i can only reccomend the pfalz. good people good sport good beer and schnapps :clapper:

pm me if you or anyone else would like the number

Hi,

The contact on the German side needs to get a "Tagesjagdschein" organised for you. Thesey are valid for up to 14 days last that I heard and you are allowed more than one schein per year.

Without that and proof of a hunting (Jagd) insurance written in German (try BASC deer department and see if they issue one) you would not get a German license issued.

Hope it helps

Bavarianbrit