Saluki over grey or grey over saluki?

Hmm was thinking that the first cross is 50/50 sal grey - Ray you know I would keep as much saluki that the small irish fields allow - different demographics with the open plan farming ;)

So - I read that the bitch shapes the temperament 70% would you still want sal bitch x grey dog or grey bitch x sal dog

And the first of the litter will be called Devils Advocate .....

mess with perfection???

Look I tried to register desertsaluki.ie and they threw me out lol

seriously I am looking at the muscle balance - the grey gives the bunched muscle that gives the short burst of speed ( think pheasant) the saluki has the lean flat muscle that gives the stamina..

Hmm was thinking that the first cross is 50/50 sal grey - Ray you know I would keep as much saluki that the small irish fields allow - different demographics with the open plan farming ;)

So - I read that the bitch shapes the temperament 70% would you still want sal bitch x grey dog or grey bitch x sal dog

i know a gut whos got a 50 50 callie its a belter small enough 24tts and bloody fast ive seen it run and it will do what you want it to no bother ;)

but you dont get the feathering on a first cross and i dont know why

i know a gut whos got a 50 50 callie its a belter small enough 24tts and bloody fast ive seen it run and it will do what you want it to no bother ;)

but you dont get the feathering on a first cross and i dont know why

Smooth is the dominant gene in salukis for a start and salukis are reknowned for random dna - think of the colour dominance?

But it can happen - allegedly ;)

Callie for Ireland, forget about saluki x greyhound. The real results, and bona fide method for producing serious animals ( and believe me it' s taken me twenty years to get what I have now) is for your gamest saluki dog to a good, sparky lurcher bitch. A bitch of proven lines. The pure blood clicks with the hybrid far better than Greyhound. In my humble opinion. The first crosses within in my experience break up in Ireland, and posess less guts. atb

Something different shotgun, an outcross, trying something different instead of relying on other people, and their dogs mate. And believe you me mate, before even contemplating a mating, this dog will be well tested. Too many people breeding of untested stuff in my opinion.