Master buck called.

Having a difficult time not only locating deer but getting one in the open, it was with some relief to see a buck chasing a doe this morning within 10 minutes of arrival. Anyway 20 minutes later they had'nt re-emergrged so a gentle stalk another 100m to a vantage point produced nothing either.

A further 30 minutes waiting were i was looking at a buck last week still nothing a call then another burst, nowt. "bug**r"..... :angry:

Now stalking in slow motion then stopping every 100m for a call produced a blank.

Till we came to another productive vantage point. 20minutes of silence and then a call........

2 fieps later a movment to my left 100m away caught my eye. A big buck appeared and began to fray a sapling, Alerting rodger to the beast i called and he slowly made a cautious approach through what ever cover he had stopping all the time to thrash what ever was in his path.

Time stood still as there he was then he was,nt shot on shot off. :wacko:

Telling rodger to take what ever shot was available apart from face on we waited, then he stepped into a gap now disinterested in the call.

A very large fiep froze him bang :) Game over the buck fell to shot got up made it 10m into cover and bled out. :D

We could'nt see this from our position so we sat for 15 minutes before aproaching.

Letting young breeze have her head she found the strike. looking at the blood and there was loads i decided on a liver shot and though at that point long enough had elapsed for said deer to have expired.

Following the blood into the braken breeze located him almost immediatly very DEAD as expected a liver shot but under those circustances a decent result. :):)

th_rut3.jpg

a very old animal indeed hence the slow approach.

RIMG0037-1.jpg

Edited by john robbo