Hi mate, Mally off here has a fantastic bitch by all accounts, think it goes by the name of vixen, this fella mentioned to me that he'd put a good dog over her (only if it's 100% bang on), Ive said to pencil me in for one already Mally is a spot on fella, and after only a short time Ive known him I'd trust him 100%, he's got a very good reputation, do a search on here for him, he's got a terrific website, also a FANTASTIC photographer,

Craig

Bloody Hell Sully got abit of a soft spot for Mally ain't ya ? ? :whistling::D

You want to chance your arm and ask him for a date instead of beating around the bush

Lol, between me and you, I want one of his pups, when he has em....but shush.........

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hia mate ive got a 5 month old dog pup and think hes got a lot of potential to be a 1 dog whreckin crew try and get one from mike browns lines nice big strong pups wont get smashed up theyve got strong feet heart and desire to kill whatever you want my uncles bitch has even took roepost-37322-1248092464.jpg

cracking dog you've got there johnbob cheers for the advice, theres some top people on here when you need some tips all the best mate

A question for whippet owners/breeders why are most whippet bitches bred off while still only being 2 -3 yr old.

3 yr old have done what ?

ok its a kc thing but im sure its also to make money?

you wouldnt breed off a 3 yr old lurcher bitch, well i wouldnt, they havnt proved themselfs.

I asked my vet a similar question almost 20 years ago & 10 years later i asked a vet who had bought a pup from me both gave the same answer they said 2-3 years old was the best time to breed the first litter as the pelvic bones are very supple at this age but they start to set by 4-5 which can cause whelping problems later on.

Guest sph1979
could make sense

but if a bitch starts catching at a yr old, then at 2 she has only worked one real season.

This is very true BUT if she gets to grips with her first season and she proves she is a cracking dog why not breed at 2?
could make sense

but if a bitch starts catching at a yr old, then at 2 she has only worked one real season.

its not breeding Derby winners! ferreting dogs a bit of lamping and if your lucky it will bust a few big ears round the park

jeez if your not convinced at 3 years then no point breeding whats it gonna do in the extra couple of years learn to paunch :D

dark charm

she was slow to pick it up and didnt catch until she was 12mths old, she is realy steady when out and about.

she wouldnt suit a lot of folks for day time work as she hugs my side but she has come on well on the lamp, she is still only 18 mths old.

she did well for me over the last few wks before i packed in lamping and fingers crossed should make me a good steady usful lamping bitch.

my whippet dog is just the opposite, crashes into cover, hunts like a terrier and very head strong if not watched over.

dark charm

she was slow to pick it up and didnt catch until she was 12mths old, she is realy steady when out and about.

she wouldnt suit a lot of folks for day time work as she hugs my side but she has come on well on the lamp, she is still only 18 mths old.

she did well for me over the last few wks before i packed in lamping and fingers crossed should make me a good steady usful lamping bitch.

my whippet dog is just the opposite, crashes into cover, hunts like a terrier and very head strong if not watched over.

She sounds like she will give you plenty of sport this season.

dark charm

I have her mothers sister & she is just like the dog you describe yet Missy who is a daughter of Cast No Shadow is so laid back you would not think they were of the same blood.

I have three whippets myself.

The first is Callie, bred by a guy on here and from working stock. She is 21/2 and pretty well trained. Good wee lampin dog. She is not fast enough for racing but that is not what she was bred for.

Penny is just over a year old and has alot of good working lines. She is more powerful and faster than Callie. Her recall is fantastic and I have high hopes for her this season. She wont chase the lure at the racing club, has no interest but if live quarry gets up in front of her she gives 100%! I actually think she could do very well in the racing if she would put the effort in.

The third is our new pup, Murphy. He is roughly 4-5 months old and his obediance is comming on well. He was bred from racing stock. His sire was WRCA Evansent and his dam was Parkstone True Blue. He seems aloty lighter built than the other two and has a racy frame. Thisn he is going to be quick and he is very fiesty.

I always said I would go for working stock when choosing a pup but after seeing some of the racing dogs I really liked the look of them. Very quick of the mark and I believe if they are fit enough they can take plenty work.

Edited by minion

The third is our new pup, Murphy. He is roughly 4-5 months old and his obediance is comming on well. He was bred from racing stock. His sire was WRCA Evansent and his dam was Parkstone True Blue. He seems aloty lighter built than the other two and has a racy frame. Thisn he is going to be quick and he is very fiesty.

I know this breeding well WRCA Evansent is a fast dog & Parkstone True Blue is a cracking bitch i used her brother Parkstone Black Gold on a sooty sam bitch & the pup i kept was 20 yards faster than his dam my mate owned their grandsire Rowangarth Dawn Wind & he ws a show dog that could catch rabbits with ease in on permission in Derbyshire.

I know this breeding well WRCA Evansent is a fast dog & Parkstone True Blue is a cracking bitch i used her brother Parkstone Black Gold on a sooty sam bitch & the pup i kept was 20 yards faster than his dam my mate owned their grandsire Rowangarth Dawn Wind & he ws a show dog that could catch rabbits with ease in on permission in Derbyshire.

He is comming on well, only time will tell though.

Are you comming up to the Lure Coursing in Edinburgh in August?