Have you ever had a Jill die because you haven't bought her out of season?

Have you ever had a Jill die because you haven't bought her out of season?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Answer "Yes" if you've lost one or more, "No" if you have tried it and not lost any

• Yes
    • No

Never lost a jill in over 50 years of keeping them for any reason(other than old age) and some have lived over 10.I have never had a jill that I didn't bred from at some point in their lives,4 years aprox., between litters.A very close friend has had jills for 10+ years never bred from them with no problems.So No was my vote. P1

To be honest i have been lucky with most of my animals the terrier we had to have pts last year was at the vets 3 times in 13 yrs , as for ferrets any jills i have had here havent come into season untill April time , so i dont bring out the second they swell , in this years case i got her jabbed in May , she did come back in around 7 weeks after she was jabbed but she has now come out naturally

When i had a vasectomised hob he lived with all the entire jills all year & again they rarely came into season before April , some of my friends had had litters before mine came into season , i suspect as they were kept in the house , i had a very breif period with an indoor ferret but i had to move the ferret outdoors so cant compare when the animal came into season if it was earlier or not

I know a few people who never bring there ferrets out of season & as far as i know they do ok , the only reason i watch for the swelling is its so low to the ground & infection can easily track back up inside them from the swelling dragging on the floor .

Not against neutering but i think far to many ferrets are done way to soon , hobs especially , not rescue bashing either but theres a lot of rescues who are castrating as young as 4 months , imo thats way to young i personally wouldnt neuter any ferret under 12 months old