Learning to jump

Evidence of whippet sized pawprints on my table in the garden last week, plus suspicious white fur on my cooker :wallbash: has led me to the conclusion that now's the time to start Dennis jumping properly, on command. So, off out today with some chicken to a good spot to start him on, 'cause he can't get through or under the fence there and there's no barb on it.

See ya later, says I.

DSCF3885.jpg

DSCF3886.jpg

Whinge whinge winge :cry:

DSCF3887.jpg

Finally gave it a few goes but he was rather sloppy, feet all over the fence.

DSCF3889.jpg

DSCF3891.jpg

DSCF3892.jpg

I got the lurcher to show him how.

DSCF3894.jpg

DSCF3896.jpg

Then he got his foot stuck and ended up hanging there for a second before he fell.

DSCF3897.jpg

So I thought I'd better give him another try so's not to knock his confidence and end on a down note. And he seemed to have sussed it.

DSCF3899.jpg

He was off after that, did it on command every time I asked him. Job done for the day and I'm chuffed with him :D

DSCF3900.jpg

DSCF3902.jpg

DSCF3903.jpg

I'll keep going back to the same spot with him till it's virtually second nature then add some retrieving. So far, so good :D

Guest gaz100604

excellent pics , i had my fella jumping last night he caught front leg on barbed wire and sliced all fur by joint wont be running for quite few weeks downsides jumping i guess , sorry im wauffling like the dogs great stuff keep it up atb gaz

Great seeing a dog coming on, well done. A shinning example to others in the same boat........

Just back from washing the dishes .... :laugh: Underneath that gruff exterior you're a big softie, aren't you? :laugh: Thanks for the compliment.

Went back again today, one command and he was straight over, then back again several times. Even did it with just a hand signal. Smart little things, these whippets.

Hear that Frank? WHIPPET :laugh: (with a slightly bullish/collie figure :laugh:)

Guest anonymous
Great seeing a dog coming on, well done. A shinning example to others in the same boat........

Just back from washing the dishes .... :laugh: Underneath that gruff exterior you're a big softie, aren't you? :laugh: Thanks for the compliment.

Went back again today, one command and he was straight over, then back again several times. Even did it with just a hand signal. Smart little things, these whippets.

Hear that Frank? WHIPPET :laugh: (with a slightly bullish/collie figure :laugh:)

Soft as puttie me :D You know what it's like, people take kindness as sofness, look at the saluki expert post for example.... Roomy takes a pop at me, I pleade with him not to turn the post into an anti me post, he sees that as weakness and starts getting threatning..... I tried several more times to reason with him but to no avail.... That's when I knew it was a waste of time and I needed to make him my bitch :yes: Worked a treat don't you think? Typical example of a bully....

Well Mr A even tho I once called you a bad name I can now see your sense of humour and read between the lines. You're an opinionated loud mouthed Scot - and I'm well used to those so I rather like you now :laugh:

Guest anonymous
Well Mr A even tho I once called you a bad name I can now see your sense of humour and read between the lines. You're an opinionated loud mouthed Scot - and I'm well used to those so I rather like you now :laugh:

Called me a bad name lol, ach I'll let you off this time..... As for liking me...... Don't think for one minute cos your man wont take you out hunting your f*****g tagging along with me................ :shok:

Called me a bad name lol, ach I'll let you off this time..... As for liking me...... Don't think for one minute cos your man wont take you out hunting your f*****g tagging along with me................ :shok:

Damn!!! Sussed me .... :laugh:

Evidence of whippet sized pawprints on my table in the garden last week, plus suspicious white fur on my cooker :wallbash: has led me to the conclusion that now's the time to start Dennis jumping properly, on command. So, off out today with some chicken to a good spot to start him on, 'cause he can't get through or under the fence there and there's no barb on it.

See ya later, says I.

DSCF3885.jpg

DSCF3886.jpg

Whinge whinge winge :cry:

DSCF3887.jpg

Finally gave it a few goes but he was rather sloppy, feet all over the fence.

DSCF3889.jpg

DSCF3891.jpg

You can't beat a good jump.

Tip, if you want to keep him off the cooker ,leave the hot plates on.

DSCF3892.jpg

I got the lurcher to show him how.

DSCF3894.jpg

DSCF3896.jpg

Then he got his foot stuck and ended up hanging there for a second before he fell.

DSCF3897.jpg

So I thought I'd better give him another try so's not to knock his confidence and end on a down note. And he seemed to have sussed it.

DSCF3899.jpg

He was off after that, did it on command every time I asked him. Job done for the day and I'm chuffed with him :D

DSCF3900.jpg

DSCF3902.jpg

DSCF3903.jpg

I'll keep going back to the same spot with him till it's virtually second nature then add some retrieving. So far, so good :D

• 2 months later...

some nice pics and dogs look like they love it but u need till get him at barb wire as soon as let him get his paws on 2 it so it knows the diff but dont walk away 2 far when he is jumping because if he gets caught on that put a young dog off its a lucher mans and luchers night mare near lost my family tools a few times :):D