Woodham Ferrers & Bicknacre (Essex) - 18th July 2009

ACES had a great day the day was in aid of charity so ACES donated the money taken at both the long jump and the running to the charities that were being supported by the show, once the running got off to a start it went really well, we had some really good times as well as some very entertaining group races, funny how competative people can be one they get going, lol.

I enjoyed handing some lovely dogs on the day although my fave had to be the little white pup that ran near the end of the day, could have taken that home quite happily!

Hope everyone had fun.

Hi there what was the best time recorded on the day there was a real good atmosphere when the dogs were running great addition to this good show . I run a patt called molly who looked like she was going to explode while she was waiting :D .

Not sure what the fastest time was.. But Willow did a 6.38..

I did like watching those terriers.... :thumbs:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ACES had a great day the day was in aid of charity so ACES donated the money taken at both the long jump and the running to the charities that were being supported by the show, once the running got off to a start it went really well, we had some really good times as well as some very entertaining group races, funny how competative people can be one they get going, lol.

I enjoyed handing some lovely dogs on the day although my fave had to be the little white pup that ran near the end of the day, could have taken that home quite happily!

Hope everyone had fun.

Hi there what was the best time recorded on the day there was a real good atmosphere when the dogs were running great addition to this good show . I run a patt called molly who looked like she was going to explode while she was waiting :D .

Not sure what the fastest time was.. But Willow did a 6.38..

I did like watching those terriers.... :thumbs:

6.38 thats quick :clapper: .

I was there with a fundraising stall, it was so windy when we got there that we had to tie down the gazebo both sides to our cars!

It was a good day though. Got nowhere in the showing (got pulled out in the bull cross class but no prize, sigh) but my lad thoroughly enjoyed the racing (6.97sec) and the long jump (14ft).

Im afraid we did not keep any records of times, the only record is those who took their certificates.

I am glad you had a great time and enjoyed both the running and the long jump.

I heard someone say they did the 100m in 4.? seconds. That seemed bloody quick to me, but then I know little about racing dogs! Mine had a run and loved it, although the old girl stopped for a dump half way! Unfortunately I revealed the name of one of my dogs at the other end when I called him back - "Lardy". The skinniest dog in the world! I managed it in about 30 seconds under my own steam.

Seriously, thanks to everyone who came. We were really pleased with the turnout and had lots of good feedback, which is always nice to get and we also got some helpful feedback that will help us make more improvements next year.

As has already been said, Aces were excellent - and I learnt about the "staffie sixpence" which my patterdale x has. (Has anyone else got it on any breed other than a staff?)

Ferret judges, Mr & Mrs Hurst were very helpful giving out lots of advice to first timers, of which there was loads there.

The date for next year is the 17th July. Provisionally, Lurcher judge will be Kevin Lambert and Terrier judge will be Andrew Brewer, subject to them checking work commitments nearer the time 'cos they've got quite a long way to come (304 miles).

Well done to all the winners and if you have any feedback, PM me. (We'll see if we can get those sausages back for next year!!)

Looking forward to the Aces day on Saturday and I understand they'll be at Donnyc's show on the 2nd August... They might start to think I'm stalking them, but they're well worth it.

Chaz hopes to get the photos to me by the weekend, so I'll post some next week. In the meantime, here's a couple that my friend took... (assuming I get it right)

Best Lurcher Puppy

post-18944-1248352597.jpg

Lurcher Ring

post-18944-1248352627.jpg

Terrier Judging

post-18944-1248352661.jpg

Cheers All

Lucy