large magnification scope

JSR

j s ramsbottom's own range of scopes will be your best bet

but a bit pointless on an air rifle..........you will struggle to hold zero on your target unless you use a bi-pod.

it will exagerate you muzzle movement the further away your target is

cheers

sean

As said, JSR do some good scopes at good money.

As has also been said, too much mag on an air rifle does more harm than good. The higher the mag', the darker the image (for a given lens quality and objective size.) I use 4 or 6 on airguns, 6 on the rimmy, 6 on the .243 for deer (sometimes go up to 8 for long shots on fox), and 9 on the hornet. These mag' ranges do perfectly well out to 200yards plus.

Also bear in mind that the higher the magnification for a given price, the lower the overall quality of the scope will be.

James

BSA Essencial 4-12x50 adjustable paralax £80 with mounts. Works great on my s200 :)

(correct spelling btw)

this is what i have and it is always set on 10x this is for which reason??

1 - i like to see who i'm shooting close up

2 - some clever nob at BSA decided to set the mildot at 10x mag

yep the daft gits at BSA :doh: . not a bad scope for the price though :yes:

JSR

j s ramsbottom's own range of scopes will be your best bet

but a bit pointless on an air rifle..........you will struggle to hold zero on your target unless you use a bi-pod.

it will exagerate you muzzle movement the further away your target is

cheers

sean

neh thats a myth.... yu can hold np on 20x, its inyour head. like i was shooting half hour or more, in the first 5 minutes i thought i was a bit shakey today but it soon levaled out, some one else pointed out i was on 20 mag...oooo all of a sudden the rets jiggering all over the place..(plenty others shoot on 20, some on thirty...no pods about.).

only problem is the paralex needs changing a lot, and finding stuff in the scope in a hurry can be worse than 4x20 lol.

the two basic ways to shhot are hold it'dead on' for the shot, and 'running through'...both need a dead hold at that point.(third is 'flid iton target'.. at the point of shooting you do a fliddy twitch and hope you'll hit...some get good that way....not many though lol.) so wat ever the mag you 'should' be finding the line or the dead hold any way.. less mag means you'll notice less but..if your jittering you aint going to hit without the flid it on teccnique any ways.

Edited by ghillies