cornwall/newquay fishing

going down nequay in a couple of weeks just wondered if any of you could point me in the right direction,of what bait, and tactics would be the best any ideas much appreciated.

have a look around the beach for worm casts,i would say rag worm or sand eel.would take bass.or try lures.probably some fisherman selling eels live in baskets near small boats.dont buy any of that dried shit that every newsagents or bucket and spade shop sells in cornwall.had fun when holidaying with parents we had sea trout in fowey by ferry.bass in newquay, red gurnard somewhere along coast. and good fishing at mullion cove in lizard pennsuilar?.also i think it was praa sands where bass come in close and small flat fish but guillemots? were also hooked on sandeels.

• 2 weeks later...

just something im going to fowey in a bout a week and av never sea fished before so can anybody point me in the right direction im into course fishing and have a carp rod and strongish feeder

what line will i need and what bait and tactics and species to expect?

any help would be appriciated

thanks

dan

:good: