New to rifles...help/advice please

Alright lads,

I've been thinking of applying for my FAC (i already have my shotgun cert) but i am a bit clueless on rifles. I would want a rifle mainly for rabbits and the like. Maybe mr fox aswell. Any advice on a suitable calibre and which rifles are relatively low priced.

ATB Sam

i havent shot a fox in my life so i cant personally comment on the issue but judging by what other people say, get a dedicated foxing rifle such as a .223 etc then have a .22 rimmy or .17hmr for rabbits . you could use a .17hmr for fox aswell may i add at sensible ranges before someone kicks me in the balls. its all about shot placement when using smaller calibres on larger game.

liam

You will probably get a different answer off most people that have an opinion on this subject,but,for what it's worth,I would get a .22lr for the rabbits,and,any of these..... .222 .223 .204(which is what I use,it is devestating) .243 for the foxes,and,I have put the .243cal as you may later want to shoot deer with it,and,as you are in England you will need that calibre at least.The .243 is a very under rated calibre,and,will do all that you need to kill any number of foxes out to 300yds and,if you are capable a darn sight further too...............Martin....good luck by the way ;)