Show us your vegetable patches

Well rotted horse muck if I can get it. We're on heavy Warwickshire Clay here, (the other side of the fence on the left of the photo used to be a clay pit for a brick works), so I need lots of it. I didn't put enough in over winter this year so the soil in the boxes is too coarse.

As they are the boxes are OK for established plants like courgettes but it's impossible to germinate seeds in the damn stuff.

We've also had a great big sycamore taken out which will help no end.

I also use pelleted chicken manure as a top dressing and as slow release fertiliser in any containers like the tomatoes and potato bins.

Guest Scuba1

When I redone the garden from my mothers house I have made this little patch for her grand daughter in it so the kid has something to potter about and learns, that fruit and veg does not grow on supermarket shelves. We put some carrots, beans, salad Tomato a pumpkin and some herbs for the kitchen in there and she loves it.Ohhhh and the strawberries are her favourite at the moment. :D

P6240007.jpg

P6240004.jpg

ATB

Michael

heres mine

Four sleepers placed against a wall filled with soil/manure. holds turnips oninions cabbage and rhubarb

PICT0355.jpg

This is the first year for me this year. Daughter bought me carrot seeds as a surprise and I didn’t know what to say as the garden is lawned, but I didn’t want to disappoint her or dampen her enthusiasm. I started looking at ways I could grow a bit of stuff whilst keeping plenty of lawn for the kids to play on.

Having done some investigating, I got really in to it and have now got sprouts, broad beans, peas, mange tout and pumpkins together with a tayberry, golden raspberry and raspberry tree in the raised bed. I have runner beans and potatoes in pots. I also bought a walk in polytunnel type greenhouse where I have 9 tomato plants, 2 gherkins, 2 peppers, 1 chilli and 1 cucumber plant.

I’ve sown curly kale seeds ready to go in after my broad beans and peas have finished.

I can’t wait to start picking now! :)

post-22835-1245847785_thumb.jpg

My rear garden was almost a 45% slope of backfill. So had to improvise as I love growing veg, first i built this drystone wall.

2007_0528bag0011.jpg

Then I put two terraced beds in.

2007_0528bag0003.jpg

Then I decided I could fit one more in.

2007_0528bag0002.jpg

2007_0601bag0005.jpg

2007_0601bag0003.jpg

2007_0620garden0001.jpg

TC

This is my veg pach,just got it finshed it befor christmas I had to move 3 tone of top soil by hand to fill it up and good knows how many wheel barrows full of compost and cow sh*t but its been well worth it!!

not a bad little set up really for a 15 year old lad lol!

DSCF0096.jpg

DSCF0097.jpg

DSCF0099.jpg

DSCF0100.jpg

DSCF0101.jpg

DSCF0102.jpg

Atb T-R

this is the wifes,its her 1st year but i think shes done pretty well, apart from the initial problem of the local vermin(cats) which as now been sorted :D everythings coming on a treat,shes got sweetcorn,caulie,cabbage,parsnips,onions, peas growing up the fence,spuds in the green bin,garlic in the belfast sink and toms,cucs,peppers in the greenhouse,itl be even better next year when her plots finished :clapper:

ebay027.jpg

ebay028.jpg