Cage Making rings

Does anyone use these Cage Rings at all ? They're supposed to be for cage making but aren't like the clips I usually use.

It's a long story but I've ended up with a box full :icon_redface: . I've never used ones quite like this so I'm interested in any experience people have or anyone who wants some on the cheap.

The folded one was done with a regular pair of pliers. There are special pliers for these but I don't know what the finished shape would be with those.

post-2748-1245522688.jpg

Hi John,

I may be wrong but I think these are called Hog Rings, used a lot for fencing. Also used in upholstery. Can also be used of course to hold wire mesh together.

all the best

AF

They're certainly a very similar shape. The hog rings I have come in a strip a bit like staples and are much thinner and sharper. These ones are a thicker, round wire but you're right they may still be a type of Hog Ring.

Hi John,

I may be wrong but I think these are called Hog Rings, used a lot for fencing. Also used in upholstery. Can also be used of course to hold wire mesh together.

all the best

AF

They look similar to Hog Rings.......but mine look like staples in a long strip......which i fix using a special hog-ring stapler.

The cage making ones i use are J clips........these are compressed using special pliers.......but i have not seen any like that before.

They look similar to Hog Rings.......but mine look like staples in a long strip......which i fix using a special hog-ring stapler.

The cage making ones i use are J clips........these are compressed using special pliers.......but i have not seen any like that before.

Yes Rolfe - I agree on all three points. The J clips are what I have in the 'shop' along with the pliers. These ones were sent to me in error when I last restocked.

Yes Rolfe - I agree on all three points. The J clips are what I have in the 'shop' along with the pliers. These ones were sent to me in error when I last restocked.

i think, but i may be wrong that those are the type used for netting but i was under the impression that they came in strips too

I have also seen them in strips, used to attach wire netting to straining wires. You need a proper tool or they can be fiddly to say the least!

Not sure if they would hold the cage edges close though John, they might be a bit 'rickety' if assembled with these but they are strong.

OTC

I have also seen them in strips, used to attach wire netting to straining wires. You need a proper tool or they can be fiddly to say the least!

Not sure if they would hold the cage edges close though John, they might be a bit 'rickety' if assembled with these but they are strong.

OTC

[/quotactually i just remembered i saw a special tool for these type at mole valley for use with single clips i will try find a link. ok they dont have them online but take a look in store somewhere

yep

I'll stick with these.

Thanks for the input everyone. :drinks:

post-2748-1245612481_thumb.jpg

the one in the photo which i had off you is great john, so much easier since i had it off you, no hassles,but i be in touch soon for some more clips