loads of rifles to pick from as for ammunition trial and error till you find the right ammo for your rifle ,scope 8x56 s/b excellant for lamping foxy. mate of mine had 223 swift very accurate cant remember what ammo he used

Edited by irish lad
Have just been ok'd for the above calibre, what rifle scope combination would you recommend, and what type/make of ammo would be a good starting point? shooting olde charlie day and night!

Thanks Mark

Hey Mark i have a tikka t3 lite with a bushnell 6500 elite in a 4.5-30x50, half inch groups at 100 yrds with horandy 55 grain off a harris bipod.

Cz have some great models to, had a cz lux could not fault it.

I shoot a CZ 527 synthetic, which shoots the load I use to about half an inch, considerably less on a good day.

I use a Leupold Mark 2 6-18x40 at the moment, but that's meant for the rimfire, want to put a Zeiss on there if I ever save up enough money! Target shooting with the other half costs a FORTUNE!

This is my set up a CZ Varmint .223 with the kevlar stock. On top is a Bushnell 4200 Elite 6-24x50 Tactical with the target turrets. Just got an ASE Ultra Northstar mod for it, now I just have to get the barrel threaded.

Shoots very well, best yet is sub 30mm @300m using Federal V Shok 40gr

10052009114.jpg

10052009134.jpg

12042009059.jpg10052009121.jpg

Edited by clivej
Im using the budget combination as I havent yet won the lottery like a few members on here :tongue2:

Tikka light .223 with MTC Viper 6-24x56 and predator 8 mod,cheap deben bipod.

Not a fancy outfit but it does the job :thumbs:

Edited to say using cheap 55g privi sp at £7.50 a box which shoots well through it.

How do you get on with that Viper mate? I'm looking at a scope for my 243 for stalking and foxing (day and night) - I'm either going to go for this or a fixed S&B 8x56 (if I can find a used one or find some cash somewhere).

How do you find it in low light evenings and under a lamp? Does it have a illuminated ret?

Cheers,

Dan