My car is coming upto 10 years and the farm landrover is a D reg and on its last legs, i was thinking about doing the scrap scheme on one of them and id like to get a 4 x 4 double cab but cant decide what sort.

At the moment im thinking of a Mazda but im not too keen on the rounded shape on them they make the carry space look less.

What do you lot drive, i need an off road vehicle and something that can tow a box and water trailers but can be an evrey day vehicle as well.

Guest Scuba1

I was in charge of a wind farm and 3 desalination plants at the time on Tenerife and the vehicle had to go through some rough ground with heave loads on its back and the Nissan and Mitsu L200 that they had just bottomed out big style . I changed more sumps then tires in those days. It all stopped when I changed to the LR 120

ATB

Michael

Guest Scuba1
Borowed my mate Navara, I want one now, but dont have the dosh :D

No more then a Chelsea tractor those things. Great for taking the kids to school and on a dry day they even manage a speed bump if every one gets out first and there is nothing on the back, but for off road............................................................................

................................................................... :thumbdown: I for one would not want another one of those toys.

ATB

Michael

No more then a Chelsea tractor those things. Great for taking the kids to school and on a dry day they even manage a speed bump if every one gets out first and there is nothing on the back, but for off road............................................................................

................................................................... :thumbdown: I for one would not want another one of those toys.

ATB

Michael

I took it off road, it loved it :D

Guest Scuba1

ATB

Michael

I took it off road, it loved it :D

Whatever float your boat Stealthy. I can only talk from experience and they don't stand up to serious of road work.

10 Miles in this on a day to day basis and they are a gonner in 6 month and this is the flat bit.

t2.jpg

ATB

Michael

Guest rexdigger

well i have a d22 53 plate navara and believe me it gets some stick off road in fact it spends most of its time off road to be honest and has only let me down once but saying that it was down to me trying to drive through a bog to retrieve a deer only to sink upto the door bottoms oh and before anyone says i should have had a landrover i have had them in various shapes and forms and they are absolute crap imho

My car is coming upto 10 years and the farm landrover is a D reg and on its last legs, i was thinking about doing the scrap scheme on one of them and id like to get a 4 x 4 double cab but cant decide what sort.

At the moment im thinking of a Mazda but im not too keen on the rounded shape on them they make the carry space look less.

What do you lot drive, i need an off road vehicle and something that can tow a box and water trailers but can be an evrey day vehicle as well.

Hilux D/Cab best 4x4 on the planet :clapper: :dance:

well i have a d22 53 plate navara and believe me it gets some stick off road in fact it spends most of its time off road to be honest and has only let me down once but saying that it was down to me trying to drive through a bog to retrieve a deer only to sink upto the door bottoms oh and before anyone says i should have had a landrover i have had them in various shapes and forms and they are absolute crap imho

Swap it for a HILUX that will plough through the bog, in fact it will go and retrieve the deer by itself...LOL>>> :whistling:

i`ve got a hilux double cab, i do the school run, pest control, smallholding, delivering logs all sorts of stuff and it has never let me down

have just had an ifor williams canopy put on to lock up my pest control stuff when i`m not in sight of the vehical and keep it dry it now is the ultimate tool for the job(i just need some good tyres)

I have a Land Rover 110 hard top good work horse this is my forth one now my last done 250000 miles . I use mine every day for work fencing up hills in scotland and would not get any other you can not beat land rovers for hard work. :D