My 1st EVER Roe Buck

Not yet, the game keeper did the butchering, I wouldn't have known where to start, it was good to see how its done though from the start. He made it look very easy (people like that always do though :rolleyes: )

yer to true! the photo guide on this web site is awesome! the only thing i can suggest is to get stuck in once you have watched a couple....ok you wont get a profesional job done but it doesnt take long before you get your own techniques.

well done again mate, i am fairly new to this game myself and it takes some time and patience.

Hi Everyone,

Thought I’d share my 1st stalking adventure with ya’ll.

Went to a large estate in Scotland last week with a friend of mine who is the head keeper, he invited me up as there were lots of bucks running around (one less now).

We were up at 03:30 sun was just about rising, we had a coffee (bloody early don’t you know!), to wake up a bit. Looked through the binoculars and spotted 2 Bucks about ½ mile away.

It took us 45 mins to get in to a good position, got to the top of a earth mound and looked down at these two bucks (about 85yrds away), the keeper loaded the gun and passed it to me, told me to take a deep breath in, breathe all the way out and slowly pull the trigger. I did as he said and below is the evidence of what happened. Shot him right through the heart, dropped right there on the spot.

The other buck ran off (I’d do the same!) ‘barking’!!!! Who would have thought deer would bark like a dog? It was new to me.

Freezer is now packed with venison, also brought the whole head back, taxidermist is getting to work on it tomorrow.

first ov maney i hope mate!

Hi Everyone,

Went to a large estate in Scotland last week with a friend of mine who is the head keeper, he invited me up as there were lots of bucks running around (one less now).

We were up at 03:30 sun was just about rising, we had a coffee (bloody early don’t you know!), to wake up a bit. Looked through the binoculars and spotted 2 Bucks about ½ mile away.

It took us 45 mins to get in to a good position, got to the top of a earth mound and looked down at these two bucks (about 85yrds away), the keeper loaded the gun and passed it to me, told me to take a deep breath in, breathe all the way out and slowly pull the trigger. I did as he said and below is the evidence of what happened. Shot him right through the heart, dropped right there on the spot.

The other buck ran off (I’d do the same!) ‘barking’!!!! Who would have thought deer would bark like a dog? It was new to me.

Freezer is now packed with venison, also brought the whole head back, taxidermist is getting to work on it tomorrow.

well done mate ,,, good shooting ...

atb anythingoes ;)

Hi Everyone,

nice looking roe well done