loads of ferrets what can they all be used for

Ive never intended to breed a litter for a couple of years and bought kitts in instead , but what about the guys that breed year after year even giving them away are you no asking for guys you give kitts to to be chapping at your farmers doors looking for places to work them ??

Send them over here and they'll be snatched up.. Over here in the US lots of people want a nice English kit.

I agree with the others though, why breed if you have enough ferrets already?? You'll be desprate to get rid of them and they will end up with someone who doesn't know what they are doing.. They'll be abused or starve to death.

is there a difference between english and us kit's ? od yours only have 3 legs?

As I understand it, most ferrets in the US are produced in massive ferret mills with little to no thought given to health and genetics. Colour seems to be the main concern. They actually breed these particular strains of ferrets that have a 70% rate of deafness, just because of a few 'fancy' markings that happen to coincide with that deformity. :blink:

In addition, they are desexed and descented [stupid fecking mutilation] before they are eight weeks old and then shipped to the petshops. There's a company called 'Marshalls' that seems to monopolize the American ferrets. There are private breeders but they are expensive and can be hard to find.

As for first poster :nono::thumbdown:

Edited by Coneytrappr
Send them over here and they'll be snatched up.. Over here in the US lots of people want a nice English kit.

I agree with the others though, why breed if you have enough ferrets already?? You'll be desprate to get rid of them and they will end up with someone who doesn't know what they are doing.. They'll be abused or starve to death.

As I understand it, most ferrets in the US are produced in massive ferret mills with little to no thought given to health and genetics. Colour seems to be the main concern. They actually breed these particular strains of ferrets that have a 70% rate of deafness, just because of a few 'fancy' markings that happen to coincide with that deformity. :blink:

In addition, they are desexed and descented [stupid fecking mutilation] before they are eight weeks old and then shipped to the petshops. There's a company called 'Marshalls' that seems to monopolize the American ferrets. There are private breeders but they are expensive and can be hard to find.

Coney is right. Most ferrets over here are ravaged by deafness, cancers, weak immune systems, etc... I just had my first ferret ever (Weezer) die of insulinoma which is cancer of the liver and/or spleen.. He was deaf his intire life too.. He was only 4 years old.. I don't have a problem with spaying and neutering but I don't think it should be done before a ferret is sexually mature, they need those hormones for proper development.

Coney is right. Most ferrets over here are ravaged by deafness, cancers, weak immune systems, etc... I just had my first ferret ever (Weezer) die of insulinoma which is cancer of the liver and/or spleen.. He was deaf his intire life too.. He was only 4 years old.. I don't have a problem with spaying and neutering but I don't think it should be done before a ferret is sexually mature, they need those hormones for proper development.

Yeah mate, didn't mean to imply that I was against desexing completely. Only if done too young and I think 8 weks is just ridiculous...and descenting ridiculous entirely.

Sorry about your stinker, he should have just been getting into the swing of things.

Yeah mate, didn't mean to imply that I was against desexing completely. Only if done too young and I think 8 weks is just ridiculous...and descenting ridiculous entirely.

Sorry about your stinker, he should have just been getting into the swing of things.

I knew what you meant... I didn't think you were completely against it. I got a ferret a couple months ago and even though she was exactly 3 months old all the hair over her spay insision had grown back, that shows that it was probably done even before 8 weeks... That would be exactly like giving a one year old human a hysterectomy :blink: I don't understand how they could do something like that.. And think about the vets who do the spays and neuters. like an assembly line, one ferret after another. :cry: