Bat

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Guest Ditch_Shitter

bat0nj.th.jpg

Click him for the bigger image ;)

He's from Co. Leitrim, Eire. I see how some of you knowledgable guys go by location :)

By the way; This isn't a trick question. I really haven't a clue what the hell he is. Just found him sneaking about in my 'stock shed a while ago. Popped him into a crevice and guess he's one of the ones I watch flying around outside my cottage these days.

Guest Ditch_Shitter
It could be one of several mate ..... it's hard to tell of the pic..

Millet

Oh? That's a shame :( I do have other shots of him, but I chose that one as it's the 'best' one of his features. Afraid I really can't do any better than that.

Well, what ever he is, I still see him and his couple of mates flying round here at night. They really 'belong' to this old cottage. Never leave my air space. It's great! :)

One evening, out there enjoying a quiet can of Guinness, I actually heard one of them make its noise! That's doubly odd because, 1. I didn't think we were normally supposed to be able to hear bats. And 2. I'm so damn mutton, I can't even hear half the birds now! But this was certainly the bat.

I'll go check out Pippistrel's now. See if they like this sort of enviroment :good:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

" Whiskered Bat ~ Myotas mystanicus: The three records in the present survey were all from Leitrim and represent the first records of this species from the county. " Bloody hell! Wouldn't That be a turn up?! :o

Unfortunatley though, that study relates to bats found roosting beneath Bridges. There isn't a bridge for miles around here. Still, I guess that means we can eliminate Whiskered?

Daubentons, I'd always believed - aside from being the original 'Water Bat' - are one of the largest species? I've only handled a few bats in my time, but this didn't strike me as any sort of monster - and there's no real open water within a mile or so of my cottage. 'My' bats, as said above, stay with me.

Pipp's are still in with a shout then? I'll look into this further, later on. I'm not being lazy and relying on you guys. It's just that I'm very busy just now and, well; If someone out there just Knows ....? It's faster than searching! :good: