coughing

hi lads,

My hob keeps having coughing fits :cry: i carnt see any reason for him to cough, hes living with one of our jills and shes fine :blink::shok: if anyone has any ideas why he is coughing and how i can stop it i would be very grateful :guitar::signthankspin:

Guest ferreting king

inside his hutch is it wet or have you had cold and wet weather?

the hob could catch WET FOOT, its the animals form of the human COLD or FLU

it takes a while for the ferret to produce enough anti bodies to get rid of the wet foot so make sure he is warm, ie . extra bedding

Guest wickidweasel

Just did a quick search could alo be Cold, heart disease; lymphosarcoma i think coughing is the sign of a few other illnesses but if its the only sympton and the time of year i would say hairballs you can get some stuff for cats :good:

How long has he been having coughing fits?..Hours or days?...What have you been feeding him? Can you see into his mouth/throat?....Is it red and inflamed?

i think his mouth is fine, give me a sec il see if i can get a picture to double check

his mouth is totally fine, and i crnt see anything down his throat, and we have had really hot weather here, everything is dry where he lives, and he is up and about like normal, i hope its just fur balls :cry::guitar:

hes been coughing for about 2 days on and off,weve been feeding him ferret complete, dry busicuits like i always have done :o

Edited by devvo
Guest eddie willo

My ferret coughs when i feed him ferret complete i think that it is too dry it is ok when it has arabbit or mice or cat food mine only tends to cough when i feed it dry mixes.

Hope your ferret is ok.

Happy hunting :) eddie :)

i had a jill that used to cough when i had to feed dry food all tyhe others were fine .... as soon as they were back on flesh she would stop coughing ..........

the only problem is i dont have access to freash rabbits etc, only ones out off the freezer, il try one of those, thanks lads :guitar: