BSA Superten MK1 MK2 difference

Hi folks, could anyone tell me the difference between the MK1 and MK2 BSA Superten? and what is the best/ easyest way to tell one from the other. and if poss a rough guide as to the value of each model. I am going to look at one on Wednesday, and want an idea of what to look for. Could anyone put up a picture of both models please. Google images is no good as its not clear what model is in the pictures. any info would be great.

Guest Chip

im not 100% sure but i think i read that some internals on the mk2 were plastic and barrel is different or different maker :hmm: does one barrel have walther stamped on it the other doesnt,think it was on the bbs i read it.

i was looking to buy one a while back

Edited by Chip

The Mk1 is probably the most disgusting looking rifle ever made. The stock has a bit of a shelf just infront of the trigger guard before the rounded fore end.

The Mk2 just looks much nicer.

I wouldn't be put off by the looks though, the Mk1 is an incredibly good rifle. I owned one, and sold it, and wished for years that I hadn't until I bought my R10.

Just be wary of the buddy bottles. If it has a rounded front end then it shouldn't be used- as these were recalled after they started to perish.