hi all,

went to check my 10/22's zero today as i strip cleaned it yesterday, as usual as soon as i got to my persission to see whats about and if anyone is about who shouldnt be before i start shooting. i walked up a hedge row and took a look through the gate way and there sat in the filed were a pair of caddy crows. i rested on the big oak i was stood next to and shot one of them, unsuprisingly the second bird didn't hang about! at 83 yards (paceed) and standing whilst resting on a tree i was happy with that shot, i turned out after zeroing that i was an inch low at 75 yards so it was a good job i went for a head shot on the crow!

IMAG0092.jpg

Nice ruger! i'm not part of the 10/22 fan base i'm afraid I'll stick to my anschutz... :notworthy: , but I still like them, buuuut surely if you went out to check your zero after cleaning it, then you shouldn't have taken the shot at the crow.... no? hell, probably *singing* in the heeeaaat of the moment.....

Edited by danebrewer10
Nice ruger! i'm not part of the 10/22 fan base i'm afraid I'll stick to my anschutz... :notworthy: , but I still like them, buuuut surely if you went out to check your zero after cleaning it, then you shouldn't have taken the shot at the crow.... no? hell, probably *singing* in the heeeaaat of the moment.....

Rugers do shoot nice, its the mags that i get annoyed with.

My father has an Anschutz bolt action. Very silent, very accurate.

i thought i wouldnt be far out and how often do you just come across a crow that is with in range as you are walking about? if it had been a rabbit or something else that is easier to get then i would have left it, but not a crow, i will never pass up a chance to shoot a crow!

i planning on going back there on wednesday as there are now pigs on the boundry and the crows are flighting over my land, will be a shotgun job i am thinking