Well it looks like i might be doing a HNC in gamekeeping at elmwood come september and was wondering if any of you fine folk have been and done the course or maybe even be there in september??

rustybucket

i did the NC course quite a few years ago now,didnt see the advantage of the HNC unless you cant get a job really,the NC got me some decent certificates,chainsaw cert,BDS level 1 etc,you will learn more in one year on a working estate than you will in ten years at college!!

agree with gold medal there my mate went to elmwood i considered it but didnt get on the course so decided not to bother with it as i thought experience would get me a job as easy i have some experience but cant find a job in the industry any advice where to look for underkeeping possitions ?

done the NC Estate maintenance and gamekeeping '87-89' then the HNC Gamekeeping and Wildlife conservation '89-'90.

The NC was far better in practical terms as I was working a keepered estate. In my opinion your better being out there getting your hands dirty mate :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...