First Buck of the season

lovely!

hope there is many to come for ya!

what set-up are you using?

Bit of an old school rifle , Mannlicher Professional MK III, good old faithful!, Zeiss digital 8x56 scope, T8 and Harris bipod, does the job

very nice mate, have you eaten it yet?

sitting in the cellar at the moment, i'll give it a week before butchering and getting it in the freezer. Got the head cleaned up yesterday though . 1st one i've done and took a bit of time getting it properly clean.

sitting in the cellar at the moment, i'll give it a week before butchering and getting it in the freezer. Got the head cleaned up yesterday though . 1st one i've done and took a bit of time getting it properly clean.

yer it does take a while i have been sending mine to the butchers and having sausages etc made cos it is so quick and relatively cheap, but i am going to do the next one myself for sure.

how do you go about cleaning the heads bud???

how do you go about cleaning the heads bud???

I skinned the head best i could then boiled it for about 1/2 hr took it to the yard and got the pressure washer on it. Got the stubborn bits with a nail brush. Have a look at this link , it helped me a lot with the first one.

http://bestpracticeguides.org.uk/downloads...cass_trophy.pdf

• 2 weeks later...