legal shooting distance.

Can anyone one tell me.

What is the legal shooting distance from

1. Buit-up area's.

2.Public walk ways and footpaths.

I am Army and I know the distance from on the range's.

I don't know the distance from the above to areas with a shot gun or gun's.

it states 50ft from the center of a road so go for that on walk ways and you will be safe ..fireing away from the road as well ..always keep your gun,rifle in its case ,bag around the public and dont shoot over paths ,walks ect if you can help it ..or plod will be turning up..you have got to think that all people want to report you to the police think like that and you will be ok ;)

Edited by rob reynolds uk

It is 50 from the center of the highway but rights of way DO NOT COME INTO IT but if you frighten someone you will be in deep poo so my advice is stay clear of land with rights of way on it ,

I am fighting just such a case for asking people who were trespassing in the middle of a field to go back to the foot path .

The people concerened didnt complain they just sayed sorry but a bloke 300 yards away did and i had my licence taken along with £6.5 k woth of guns so BEWEAR

• 2 weeks later...
There is no 50ft rule in Scotland, you can shoot from the side of a public road. There are several other charges that can be brought about if you scare or endanger other members of the public.

Mark.

yep that be one of the better scottish laws, but im sure its only off b roads, you can shoot off them but not across, im sure a roads are a no no..