New birds this season?

Foxy09

Anyone got anything new ordered for this season? Im picking up a wee male perexsaker at the end of the month, an 08 bird flown but un-entered and have a female perexgyrxsaker coming in july, also toying with the idea of puting my male Harris up for breeding and replacing him with another female to fly in a cast with my current one, still undecided on that though, be good to hear others plans for the coming season.

cheers

put my deposit down on a male harris, be ready in middle of sept going to fly it with my female

i need advise on training ferrets to flush out rabbits for my female

harris hawk im a biggner to hunting with hawks and ferrets

could u please help me

anyone

Hi there, for starters ferrets dont need training to hunt rabbits, it comes naturally, they soon click on after coming into contact with there first bunny underground what the score is, as for hunting your hawk with them that takes a little bit more work, my harrises weather out in front of the ferret hutches and watch the ferrets go about there business on a daily basis and i also handle and play with the ferrets on a regular basis while the hawks are beside me, this way they learn that they are not food! My young female harris worked alongside them for the first time last season and soon learned that when the ferrets went down something usually followed to chase and kill so learned to work with them as a team often switching her position in a tree to cover a hole which the ferret had just went down. Word of warning though ferrets see your hawk as much of a food source as a rabbit and WILL attack it if given the chance especially in a hunting situation where theve just chased and bolted a couple of rabbits and are looking for something to kill! for your first couple of outings it would be wise to take a friend along to concentrate on working the ferrets while you concentrate on the hawk, then after they are both working well together and know the game, you can venture out on your own for the real fun to start!

all the best

Foxy

MALE AND FEMALE REDTAILS MOULTING OUT THE MOMENT , ;)

just love reds mate the thump of them hitting prey is just amazing good luck with them in the coming season

atb steven

no more seen of your other male steven?

no more seen of your other male steven?

not yet billy mate got time off work so i will have a hunt about for him hes been about since september so i hope hes still hanging about now .. thanks for having a look mate