lost power ?

I've been out rabbiting tonight and had a couple or so shots that ive been totally confident on, shooting prone on a bipod, head shots 25-30 yards the gun is zeroed etc theres been the usual loud crack on connection, the rabbits have flipped then gone down, then a few seconds later jumped up and made off. These are the sort of shots that usually leave them where they drop, i can only assume that my AA S410 for some reason has lost power as im on familiar ground using AA field as usual, could there be another explanation?

Needless to say the guns next outing is to be chronoed tommorow before it sees another bunny.

I know there was a similar post on here recently but i could not find it, sorry :icon_redface:

Guest buster321c

I had one saturday , the pellet went in one eye and out the other , then the rabbit just looked a bit wobbly , and carried on sniffin around , tried another shot , he moved and i pierced his ear , just necked him then , but it was a shot that was 15yds maybe ? and in the same area 20 minutes before ide had a headshot at 30yds no problem . Pellet placement is the key , but a twitch , a movement , a noise from the gun that makes em move , is enough to effect the result

surely any significant loss of power would change the point of impact at 30 yards so the pellets would be hitting low/falling short?

This would perhaps explain still getting the loud crack but still running off to me , I zeroed it a couple or three days ago though (pellet on pellet at 30 yards) and have been happily dropping rabbits since until today, some thing is definatley wrong though as i said these are the sort of shots that i take regually with the desired effect:( ,so something has changed rapidly), could a seal have given perhaps ( i know nothing about the workings of these things, just got a rough idea where to point em :D )

Cheers

Adam

Re zero your scope mate, you may have knocked it unknowingly.

I have had a right time lately with regards to accuracy, turned out it's me that is the fault, the way I am holding the gun and my position. also my scope was way out when the night before I was shooting really well. so I must have knocked it at some point.

I struggle as I had both my legs crushed 2 years ago still recovering, :( so getting comfy is really hard as I cant kneel down or squat, so I have to sit or lay down. I have had to not go for so many shots just because I cant get a good stance. The best bit of kit I have is a length of string with markers every 5 yards upto 45 yards, and a set of targets that stick in the ground. And I have myself a little target session knowing the distances are spot on. this really helps me get my confidence back and set my scope up. I have also put little markers in the ground where I shoot the rabbits to help me judge the distance. may seem all a little basic to you but it helps me as I am just getting into the shooting after years away from it. really helps though. I have had 8 bunnies tonight on my new permission, with my Logun Axsor .22. so I am not as crap as I thought! :D

Thanks for all your suggestions, i,ve taken it to Euroguns at Doncaster today and it was chronoed at 9.2 :( so it didnt come home with me:( however im lucky to have a mate thats lent me theirs untill i get my own back :clapper: .

The gun must have been low on power when zeroed, but this still leaves me baffled as to the ones that i did drop first off :unsure: still the problem is sorted now thats the important thing.

Thanks again everyone.

Adam

Thanks for all your suggestions, i,ve taken it to Euroguns at Doncaster today and it was chronoed at 9.2 :( so it didnt come home with me:( however im lucky to have a mate thats lent me theirs untill i get my own back :clapper: .

The gun must have been low on power when zeroed, but this still leaves me baffled as to the ones that i did drop first off :unsure: still the problem is sorted now thats the important thing.

Thanks again everyone.

Adam

did they tell you the cause of it loosing power? just curious as i also have a AA S410

no mate it has not been gone into yet but when i collect it i'll find out and let you know (memory permitting :wacko: ) but i must say for the price of a service its not worth not having one done if you have any doubt about your own. I'll have mine done every year now.