AIRDALE LURCHERS

Guest miller1989

I own one,shes 3/4 grey 1/4 bull airedale realy clever bitch,i believe the airedale in her slowed her maturing etc but she needs alot of hard work and attention,not a dog that should be in a kennel 5 days a week and out on the weekend! The bloke that bred her told me that the dogs from the same litter were retriving shot foxes :) at 12-14 months the bitch is two now doing an excellent job so far but this season is the first season thats guna be a cracker! People let there dogs run them things at 9 month some run at over a year but i decided a few would be good for her the season just gone had six could have took more but she was a bit to immature for my liking,so holding her until august september and this season comming will be quadruple last season! To sum her up in my eyes would be an allrounder TO BE sure she will make the grade, excellent feet, good stamina, thick coates,brains unlike some dogs,very fast,good running the cover and flushing/catching etc etc! No pictures on this laptop i will go on other laptop tonight and put a picture up for you!

Hope you get some good replys on this id like to know who else owns a lurcher like this as such and there opinions!

ATB MILLER

i have one,1/2grey1/2 air i like her alot very keen never seems to get injured, takes plenty of work, loves it!
Id be interested to know if anyone is breeding a first cross and what height to the shoulder do they make?

I had a whippet as a kid that jumped 2 8ft fences at 12yrs old to get covered by grans airdale. The pups from the litter were pretty handy, one in particular got a real reputation. That dog took over a 100 foxes is first full season hunting and went on to be a noted deer slayer. To such an extent that the owner couldnt leave the house without the police following him or pikies and sundry others trying to buy the dog off him. He passed it on to someone as it became real hassle having the dog, I dont know what happened to the dog after that and this was back in the early 80's.

all the best Dirtwinger

I had a whippet as a kid that jumped 2 8ft fences at 12yrs old to get covered by grans airdale. The pups from the litter were pretty handy, one in particular got a real reputation. That dog took over a 100 foxes is first full season hunting and went on to be a noted deer slayer. To such an extent that the owner couldnt leave the house without the police following him or pikies and sundry others trying to buy the dog off him. He passed it on to someone as it became real hassle having the dog, I dont know what happened to the dog after that and this was back in the early 80's.

all the best Dirtwinger

Sounds like a real handy dog mate.
i have one,1/2grey1/2 air i like her alot very keen never seems to get injured, takes plenty of work, loves it!
Id be interested to know if anyone is breeding a first cross and what height to the shoulder do they make?

23"-24" speak to skycat she,s from your way, sure she will do it some stage.

whippet X Airedale

will go anywhere but not a fast dog by any standards.

very intelligent and can pull some spectacular stunts off and never seems to get hurt

IMAG0283-1.jpg

Nice looking animal mate ,speed aint everything ,I think hunting ability and brains account for a lot of catches.