NEW LONGNETTING BOOK

mole catcher

The release date of my longneting book has been set by the publishers for the 24th of April. However i wil be receiving copys before this date. A member of this site has kindly offered to do a factual review of the books content so this will be posted before the book is put out for sale.

the following is the synopsis of the books content

Chapter One

“The Long Netâ€

This first chapter covers how and why the Longnet came about. Telling of a time past, when in an attempt to feed his starving family a man would resort to poaching rabbits from under the noses of both land owner and in most cases, his own landlord. It outlines what needs to be done to your new net in order to ready it in such a way as to take it from its wrapping and onto catching rabbits in the field. It guides the reader through easy steps of practise and preparations that need to be undertaken in order to successfully go about long netting. Colour photos guide the reader through this and all the following chapters.

Chapter Two

“Modern Timesâ€

Following on from chapter one the reader is then told of modern advancements in long netting equipment and techniques. Being shown by way of colour photographs the components of this modern method. The reader is shown the differences between both old and new ways of longnetting and given an insight into the future of this misunderstood way of rabbit control.

Chapter Three

“Getting out There and Doing Itâ€

This is where the reader is told of the importance of fieldcraft and putting his new found skills to the test. It covers the truth of working longnets and dispels the many untruths that have been written about this so-called dark art. Explanations are given on preparation and such things as humane dispatch of the quarry and after care of the catch. As well as the use of a dog it goes on to explain about working as part of a team, outlining each members part of the netting process.

Chapter Four

“Making The Most Of It Allâ€

It is at this stage that ferreting with the use of longnets is covered, showing the different ways to use both the traditional methods as well as the more modern. An in-depth explanation of the importance of the weather is given, as well as a detailed step by step guide to the correct setting of the nets to cover all likely situations of both daytime and night time netting.

Chapter Five

“Taking It A Stage Furtherâ€

Now we move onto the misunderstood use of Dropnets, a misuse that has been around as long as the method itself. All aspects of dropnetting are explained as well as a very detailed section on the making of your own dropnet system. Something that has never been put into print before. Also covered are the different types of net such as the stop net, the hedge net and the ditch net. Material types are covered to show the different characteristics and how these affect your nets as well as their use.

Chapter Six

“ Oh My Poor Handsâ€

With the knowledge of the last chapter still in the readers mind, they are now shown how to go about knitting their very own long net by way of a step by step guide. With the easy to follow instructions as well as close up photographs the reader is kept well clear of making any frustrating mistakes. The making of different nets for different uses is also covered in detail.

Chapter Seven

“Trammels, Fish or Rabbits?â€

Hopefully this next chapter will give the reader a good insight into the newest of modern nets to hit the markets. An in-depth discussion and thought provoking argument is raised regarding their use for rabbiting. An unbiased opinion is given as is the methods in which they are used and made.

Chapter Eight

“Loose Endsâ€

Covered within this next chapter is the preparation of the catch ready for the table as well as an old style recipe. The moral debate regarding the rabbit as an organic meat source is also covered. As is the low impact effect on the environment longnetting has as a means of pest control.

This book has been written based upon my 25yrs experiance of both making, and using longnets out in the field under the cover of darkness. With 48,000 words and 130 up close photos showing all aspects of long netting there is something within its pages for both novice and experianced netter.

With this in mind the photos are all aimed at explaining what has been put into the written text, without telling the reader of my succsess as many modern books seem to do these days.

Further info will be posted as and when i recieve it.

regards

molecatcher

frontcover.jpg

25.jpg

Good luck with the Book moley,hope its a best seller,I look forward to reading it and also learning from it.

From what you have published in the above post,all the chapters and also the photos you have in the book,

It will be a very helpful guide to the beginner and the experienced netter,its sounds a good investment for everyone concerned with netting and long netting.

Count me in for 1 but make mine a signed one :good:

Best wishes

Edited by akton
Mole catcher,do you charge extra for a signed copy ?. :laugh::laugh::laugh: .

signed copys by

Gengus Khan £25.95

Mohamed Ali $25.95

Robert Mugabi £100. (due to trade restrictions)

Sinon Whitehead £2 (private joke :whistling: )

i can sign them by who you want them to be signed by, just dont tell their agents.

ME? well im sure i could sign a few if wanted for free ;)

Edited by mole catcher
  • 1 month later...

WELL THERE HERE :D :D

the first batch to be sent to me have arrived and will be sent out on monday 6th. sadly i wasnt sent as many as i had ordered so the rest will be here in the week.

I have limited stocks, when there gone there gone so be quick ;)

I would just like to say a very big thank you to everyone who has shown me your support in the release of this book, i hope you all enjoy reading it as much as i have enjoyed putting pen to paper, again thank you ;)

a1160.jpg