Stamina

Guest MOLLY

stamina can only be built up to a certain point ..ie getting the best out of your dog with road work ect ect ...but at the end of the if they havent got it ....they havent got it ....if you could actually build an unlimited amount of stamina then we would have need to cross certain breeds and we would be able to have 5 mile long greyhound tracks :D hope this answers your question moll :thumbs:

No - you cant put anything into a dog thats not allready there, all you can do is work with the talents the dog naturally has, shaping and defining them with exercise, entering and experience. You can get a dog fit and keep it fit by running it, but some dogs have more stamina than others, just as some will be better hunters, or faster at running, better at turning etc etc. You cant make a dog faster or have more stamina, its either in them or its not. :thumbs:

Oh bollocks Snoops you beat me to it :laugh:

Edited by SJM

to me stamina, is a very important attribute in a working lurcher and its often overlooked with many people purchasing and breeding sighthoundy saturated dogs that are just speed merchants what blow up after a few hard runs, me personally i,d go for a dog that is bred with plenty of collie blood such as a reverse threequarter, or a 5/8,s collie 3/8,s greyhound , or a first cross, that have bags of stamina, and can work all day long , admitidley they aren,t speed merchants, but they can fill your bag up for you and they have plenty of brains. regards collie john.

Edited by colliejohn

hi pal, im using a friends computer hopefully i will be back online soon, the pups are doing well thanks my little bitch pup that i kept back is coming on well she is five months just and she stands around 18 inches, and is very biddable and willing to please. regards collie john.

i agree to a cetain point collie john that stamina is important ...in any dog i run anyway :D:D but it all depends what your working your dogs on ...collies arnt the only breed with stamina .... :D i can see this thread going down the same old road :rolleyes::D all the best snoop... :victory: