Standard Poodle x Greyhound

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there was a topic on this not long ago if you want to search it. Pretty sure there was a photo posted on it as well.

In theory, poodles would add a good bit of brain to a lurcher as they are very clever trainable dogs. But I don't know that anyone breeds working lines anymore so you'd be making a guess of weather the pups would be good.

I think there was a topic on this not long ago if you want to search it. Pretty sure there was a photo posted on it as well.

In theory, poodles would add a good bit of brain to a lurcher as they are very clever trainable dogs. But I don't know that anyone breeds working lines anymore so you'd be making a guess of weather the pups would be good.

nothing in search engine

youd have to find a proper poodle that works first they were bred as a working dog many moons ago but now there just show dogs. stick to your beardies lol

I have brought one, tried to get one from a working line, and did find one, unfortunately they were all sold, the chap used his dogs for ferreting, flushing game to the gun. The dog I purchased is now 14 months old and I’m very impressed with him, so far he retrieves anything, has a nose to put a lot of gun dogs to shame, and he’s will to please bottomless

I have to say, I do like the standard poodles. When they're raised like dogs - and not accessories - they're very good dogs.

What would you cross it with, if you were inclined to do it?

There was a lady in luton breeding them about 5 years ago...not sure if shes still doing it. She worked hers and swore they were good on fox.

Has anyone ever seen or owned a Standard Poodle lurcher?

http://www.poodlehistory.org/

get in touch with BROCKBART on here ! he has 1 .

seen it when i bought a pup from him 5 weeks ago . look a realy nice dog ( just looked like a beddy cross ) ;)

I brought my male from Dorset, from a lady who was moving to France, he went to work like a duck to water and has been a joy to train, so biddable, will mark earths great ferreting dog, has a nose second to none, he has amazed me in every way, I’m looking forward to putting to my Greyhound bitch, hopefully July 09, I have never had him clipped so he look great, know one that has seen him, have guessed what he is, in the kennel block he eats first, which also shocked me somewhat, I had one as a kid, and 40 years later, I fancied another, always rated them.

seen it when i bought a pup from him 5 weeks ago . look a realy nice dog ( just looked like a beddy cross ) ;)

I brought my male from Dorset, from a lady who was moving to France, he went to work like a duck to water and has been a joy to train, so biddable, will mark earths great ferreting dog, has a nose second to none, he has amazed me in every way, I’m looking forward to putting to my Greyhound bitch, hopefully July 09, I have never had him clipped so he look great, know one that has seen him, have guessed what he is, in the kennel block he eats first, which also shocked me somewhat, I had one as a kid, and 40 years later, I fancied another, always rated them.

May I ask how much will you be chargeing for one of these lurchadoodles Grahame and will you be keeping a pup?

May I ask how much will you be chargeing for one of these lurchadoodles Grahame and will you be keeping a pup?

yes I will keep two hope to give the rest away to working homes to be tested to the max

yes I will keep two hope to give the rest away to working homes to be tested to the max

brockbart pm