young ones work experience

Guest traceyg

Guest traceyg

My son has just finished his 2 weeks work experience with the local dog warden :icon_eek: And iam glad to say after loads picture texts a day saying please mum can we have this one :( I got away without making my 4 dogs 5 even though i must admit i was tempted with a tiny little Jack Russel :icon_redface: .Have any THL members had work experience and how did you get on

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest traceyg
I have my work experience in June, but our head is an idiot and has shotened it down to 1 week.

Good luck try and find your own placement or school could send you anywhere ;)

In year 10 I got put working in a crematorium (because it was the only one left and the day everyone chose there placements I was ill which is typical) and for my college work experience I worked at a vets in february and I must say both where wikid.

Met some great people aswell.

JoeD

when i had to do my work experience i got the dates mixed up,i ended up going to school on the first day experience teacher wasnt to impressed :( said she'd find somewhere for me the next day ... so i ran up to a local builder who was building houses at the time and asked him if he would take me on :D he looked at me as if i was mad :blink: but when he relised i was serious he said no problem i started the next day and loved it. got a few looks when i got back to school and told them what i was doing for 2 weeks :D

Guest traceyg
when i had to do my work experience i got the dates mixed up,i ended up going to school on the first day experience teacher wasnt to impressed :( said she'd find somewhere for me the next day ... so i ran up to a local builder who was building houses at the time and asked him if he would take me on :D he looked at me as if i was mad :blink: but when he relised i was serious he said no problem i started the next day and loved it. got a few looks when i got back to school and told them what i was doing for 2 weeks :D

What a girl good on you :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

What a girl good on you :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

yep you should of seen the look on all the other builders faces when i turned up it was priceless :D

Just finished some long tearm work experience at our local forge I hated it in the work shop just me brushing up or painting in the middle of 4 welders there where no saftey screens up of nowt so i just was looking at my feet all day so i did not get a flash, good times lol

Guest ferret feller

i worked at a farm for a work placement for 2 years grueling hard work tiring smelly and humiliating pay..

then 2 weeks at another farm (family farm where people pay too walk round and look LOL)

now im starting work at a chicken farm with my mate cleaning out sheds :/ horrible work but the pays ok :)

I spent my first week at Woodlore, School of Bushcraft (Ray Mears School)

I done exactly the same as what the Students done aswell as helping the Staff out and It costs big bucks to go on that course wheras I got It for free! ;)

Done the second week at B.T

Butch